I never realised we kept prisoners in the same manner as Hannibal the Cannibal. The tragic story of Robert Maudsley.

Locked in a room alone for six months as a child with the only contact being occasional violent beatings off his dad? A whole childhood filled with violence and abuse. And then when he turns to drugs, he becomes the victim again, of men buying - probably regularly violent - sex with a lad under the age of consent.

The things he's done are terrible, but Christ, he was shaped that way.

That sounds a very sad story, everybody he has killed seem to be wrong un's too, needs further investigation, maybe it is warranted but it seems like it is very harsh to me on first reading.

Locked in a room alone for six months as a child with the only contact being occasional violent beatings off his dad? A whole childhood filled with violence and abuse. And then when he turns to drugs, he becomes the victim again, of men buying - probably regularly violent - sex with a lad under the age of consent.

The things he's done are terrible, but Christ, he was shaped that way.
For me it's more that his real nature was a caring one. He took beatings to save his siblings getting hurt and eventually the anger drove him to murder. He might be a monster now but trying to reconnect with that better nature might give another human being a small scrap of peace inside that anger.

For me it's more that his real nature was a caring one. He took beatings to save his siblings getting hurt and eventually the anger drove him to murder. He might be a monster now but trying to reconnect with that better nature might give another human being a small scrap of peace inside that anger.

It seems to be all down to something in his history about child abuse I'm guessing, given the gruesome way he murdered the child molester in prison. Although he could just be a complete psychopath, hard to know.

It seems to be all down to something in his history about child abuse I'm guessing, given the gruesome way he murdered the child molester in prison. Although he could just be a complete psychopath, hard to know.
I agree. We would have to see the psych reports, I suppose to be sure. But he doesn't sound like the manipulative psychopath along the lines of a Lecter. The doctor did sit inside his cell with him.

I’ve heard some clap trap in my time but this is up there.

Last edited:
Why? He was a good kid. Very different now but why shouldn't he be allowed to engage in decent conversation with human beings. Considering the cost of keeping him like that it would be a kindness to allow him friendly contact to alleviate what must be absolute frustration, it would be pennies more.

I agree with his assessment that he has been effectively buried alive....psych reports considered.

Last edited:

Back