I need the help of the SMB

What are we saying in these letters? As the date of the letter in the OP has past, it no longer makes sense to ask them to support the amendment.

So what are people asking their MP? Awld Chunks off of the SMB is being royally shafted and I urge you to...what? Just keep badgering them whenever the chance arises? Or is there something more concrete I should be asking her to do?

Sorry if this has already been bottomed out, I've only read a few posts on the thread.

What are we saying in these letters? As the date of the letter in the OP has past, it no longer makes sense to ask them to support the amendment.

So what are people asking their MP? Awld Chunks off of the SMB is being royally shafted and I urge you to...what? Just keep badgering them whenever the chance arises? Or is there something more concrete I should be asking her to do?

Sorry if this has already been bottomed out, I've only read a few posts on the thread.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. And probably asked before the vote.
My suggestion is something like

You note the outcome of the vote, aiming to protect leaseholders and would like to express your dismay. You know personally of people who have seen their costs rocket due to increased insurance costs, fire alarm installations and waking watch. These costs are not sustainable and will not be covered by the proposed government fund. You are conscious that this will potentially bankrupt tens or even hundreds of thousands of people through no fault of their own. You should urge the government to protect these leaseholders, ensuring that costs are borne by those responsible.

Not something I've ever looked at but just blow my mind that the cost would be so much. Still cant understand how a company can sell cladding which proves to be unsafe and gets away scott free either.
Never understood that myself. The cladding was/is not fit for purpose.

Bump.

And also, you can literally cut and paste this, changing two names...

Dear Mary,

I am not one generally given to writing to my MP, but I note the outcome of the vote on the Fire Safety Bill, and particularly the decision to reject Lord Bishop of St. Albans’ amendment to protect leaseholders, and I would like to express my dismay. I know personally of people who have seen their costs rocket due to increased insurance costs, fire alarm installations and waking watch. These costs are not sustainable and will not be covered by the proposed government fund. I am conscious that this will potentially bankrupt tens or even hundreds of thousands of people through no fault of their own. I urge you to continue to challenge the Government to protect these leaseholders, ensuring that costs are borne by those responsible.

Best wishes,

Professor Thackeray McTavish of Durham.

You might need to change the last sentence depending on the political affiliations of your MP.

Bump.

And also, you can literally cut and paste this, changing two names...

Dear Mary,

I am not one generally given to writing to my MP, but I note the outcome of the vote on the Fire Safety Bill, and particularly the decision to reject Lord Bishop of St. Albans’ amendment to protect leaseholders, and I would like to express my dismay. I know personally of people who have seen their costs rocket due to increased insurance costs, fire alarm installations and waking watch. These costs are not sustainable and will not be covered by the proposed government fund. I am conscious that this will potentially bankrupt tens or even hundreds of thousands of people through no fault of their own. I urge you to continue to challenge the Government to protect these leaseholders, ensuring that costs are borne by those responsible.

Best wishes,

Professor Thackeray McTavish of Durham.

You might need to change the last sentence depending on the political affiliations of your MP.
Great stuff, thanks

Its been great seeing to SMB response to this, wasn't sure what the opinion would be of those not affected. It's inspired to try and get support from work, its a real estate company so hopefully they have some good contacts. Will use the letter templates posted, thanks!

Its been great seeing to SMB response to this, wasn't sure what the opinion would be of those not affected. It's inspired to try and get support from work, its a real estate company so hopefully they have some good contacts. Will use the letter templates posted, thanks!

The people of the North East are kind, decent folk who will always rally round to help those who need assistance.

Back on topic. I haven't had a response from my MP yet but I have asked a few friends and neighbours to send him an e-mail and perhaps rattle his cage. Failing that his constituency office is about 5 minutes from me, I'll go and bang his door down on Tuesday.

It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks

Was just talking to me brother about this yesterday, it's f***ing criminal. The lass interviewed on the news who is going to lose her job as a barrister as she'll have to declare bankruptcy. Just horrendous like.

Hope thinks turn out OK for you personally and hope this corrupt as fuck government do what they promised over this and ensure the victims don't have to pay

The people of the North East are kind, decent folk who will always rally round to help those who need assistance.

Back on topic. I haven't had a response from my MP yet but I have asked a few friends and neighbours to send him an e-mail and perhaps rattle his cage. Failing that his constituency office is about 5 minutes from me, I'll go and bang his door down on Tuesday.
That’s amazing, thanks

I rent a nice apartment in Newcastle City Centre and have lived here for around 6 years. Absolutely love it. Agreed a price to purchase it with my landlord back in 2019 and couldn't get the mortgage through due to the cladding. Fortunately I don't think it'll actually cost "that" much to be fixed as the cladding is only to one floor of the building.

In the meantime however whilst I'm still renting here, I've been looking at other places and will be probably moved to the coast by the end of the summer. Right faff.

My mate purchased an apartment back in 2019 which was newly built in North Shields along from the fish quay. Turns out the cladding on that isn't in line with 2018 regulations. Wonder if he'll be expected to foot the bill? I'd assume it'll be the contractor in that instance?

Back