I need the help of the SMB

f***ing shit mesell just got a letter with a House of Commons stamp on fffs

Was wondering wtf have I done
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

MP's Like that piss me off so much. He fears that the amendments won't do what they are intended to do so he's happy they've been rejected. All well and good if he planned to work towards fixing the amendments to protect the leaseholders, but of course he doesn't. He's rejecting them flat out, leaving leaseholders in the shit and then trying to justify it, assuming that the public are so gullible that they will fall for it.

MP's Like that piss me off so much. He fears that the amendments won't do what they are intended to do so he's happy they've been rejected. All well and good if he planned to work towards fixing the amendments to protect the leaseholders, but of course he doesn't. He's rejecting them flat out, leaving leaseholders in the shit and then trying to justify it, assuming that the public are so gullible that they will fall for it.
Same shite from mine on the kids free school meals. Fuck off sunshine

It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks
Bump

The PM takes the piss by re decorating number 10 as well as pushing taxpayers money the way of tory backers /funders Then offers fuck all help to the victims of Grenfell and subsequently people like yourself who have to foot the bills for basically corrupt abuse of building safety and regulations by housing and building developers.

Boils my piss of how ***** get away with this shit like this... While victims are out of pocket for their wrong doing and the lies of the lives of all those murdered at Grenfell

It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks
I haven't read all 10 pages but are you tied into the service charge/maintenance company? I know of a few folk over here who live on new estates with service charges for communal area maintenance. They weren't happy with the deal they got so formed their own company and sub contracted to somebody else at a lower cost. It needed agreement across the estate.
Would something like this be possible?

So an extra £500 or so from every home owner. Let's say 60 in a building so that's £30k per month to pay somebody minimum wage. Adds insult to injury. Have you thought about doing your own waking watch between yourselves?
Yes, it’s being looked at. Remember that the £500 also covers installation of a fire alarm and fire sensors, as well as a 300% (I think) increase in insurance premiums
I haven't read all 10 pages but are you tied into the service charge/maintenance company? I know of a few folk over here who live on new estates with service charges for communal area maintenance. They weren't happy with the deal they got so formed their own company and sub contracted to somebody else at a lower cost. It needed agreement across the estate.
Would something like this be possible?
Right to manage is something we’re looking into.

Dear Becs

Thank you for contacting me about the remediation of unsafe cladding on high-rise residential buildings.

I have repeatedly urged the Government to move further and faster to address building safety concerns and support people up and down the country who have been caught up in it. I remain concerned that the Government has been too slow to act. Nearly four years after the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower in June 2017, around 700,000 people are still living in high-rise blocks with flammable cladding. Leaseholders have been trapped in this impossible position for far too long.

A House of Commons Public Accounts Committee report said progress on remediation has been “unacceptably slow”, with residents facing exorbitant costs of funding interim safety measures and many residents reporting worsening mental health as a result.

I appreciate and deeply sympathise with the cost, anxiety and stress many leaseholders have endured due to issues for which they bear no fault. I know that leaseholders in blocks with combustible cladding and other dangerous materials have experienced problems in selling their homes and re-mortgaging.

The Opposition repeatedly tabled amendments to the Fire Safety Bill to try to force the Government to honour its promise that remediation costs will not be passed onto leaseholders. I am disappointed that Ministers have rejected these amendments on five separate occasions. Instead, the Government has proposed a loan scheme, which would leave many leaseholders bearing the cost. Ministers have also said that the issue of responsibility for remediation costs should be addressed in a separate piece of legislation - the Building Safety Bill.

I supported the Lord Bishop of St Albans’ latest amendment to the Fire Safety Bill. I also supported similar Opposition amendments to the Bill. These amendments would have given leaseholders a guarantee that building owners cannot pass on the costs of any remedial work in the time before the Government brings forward its promised reforms in the separate Building Safety Bill.

I am disappointed that the Government repeatedly refused to vote for these amendments, which means the Bill has now passed without vital protections for leaseholders. My colleagues in the Lords sent the Bill back to the Commons four times, but because the parliamentary session came to an end the day after the final Lords debate, any further amendment would have meant that the Bill was likely to fall completely and the improvements the Opposition secured would have been lost.

I will continue to press Ministers to support leaseholders with the costs of remediation now before pursuing building companies and developers who are responsible. For the memory of those who died in the Grenfell Tower fire, the Government must right these wrongs, learn the lessons and protect the hundreds of thousands who face daily uncertainty, fear, and bills.

Thank you once again for contacting me about this important issue.

Best wishes,
Kevan

The Rt Hon Kevan Jones MP

Dear Arkle,

Thank you for contacting me about the remediation of unsafe cladding on high-rise residential buildings.

I have repeatedly urged the Government to move further and faster to address building safety concerns and support people up and down the country who have been caught up in it. I remain concerned that the Government has been too slow to act. Nearly four years after the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower in June 2017, around 700,000 people are still living in high-rise blocks with flammable cladding. Leaseholders have been trapped in this impossible position for far too long.

A House of Commons Public Accounts Committee report said progress on remediation has been “unacceptably slow”, with residents facing exorbitant costs of funding interim safety measures and many residents reporting worsening mental health as a result.

I appreciate and deeply sympathise with the cost, anxiety and stress many leaseholders have endured due to issues for which they bear no fault. I know that leaseholders in blocks with combustible cladding and other dangerous materials have experienced problems in selling their homes and re-mortgaging.

The Opposition repeatedly tabled amendments to the Fire Safety Bill to try to force the Government to honour its promise that remediation costs will not be passed onto leaseholders. I am disappointed that Ministers have rejected these amendments on five separate occasions. Instead, the Government has proposed a loan scheme, which would leave many leaseholders bearing the cost. Ministers have also said that the issue of responsibility for remediation costs should be addressed in a separate piece of legislation - the Building Safety Bill.

I supported the Lord Bishop of St Albans’ latest amendment to the Fire Safety Bill. I also supported similar Opposition amendments to the Bill. These amendments would have given leaseholders a guarantee that building owners cannot pass on the costs of any remedial work in the time before the Government brings forward its promised reforms in the separate Building Safety Bill.

I am disappointed that the Government repeatedly refused to vote for these amendments, which means the Bill has now passed without vital protections for leaseholders. My colleagues in the Lords sent the Bill back to the Commons four times, but because the parliamentary session came to an end the day after the final Lords debate, any further amendment would have meant that the Bill was likely to fall completely and the improvements the Opposition secured would have been lost.

I will continue to press Ministers to support leaseholders with the costs of remediation now before pursuing building companies and developers who are responsible. For the memory of those who died in the Grenfell Tower fire, the Government must right these wrongs, learn the lessons and protect the hundreds of thousands who face daily uncertainty, fear, and bills.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Zeichner
Member of Parliament for Cambridge

Dear Arkle,

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Zeichner
Member of Parliament for Cambridge
So it’s a copy and paste then!

Brace yourself @chunkylover53 ...

Dear Keawyeds

Thank you for your email.

I rebelled against the Government yet again over this amendment as I still do not believe there has been an adequate solution to this problem.

While the amendment you reference did not pass, I understand these issues will be returning to parliament under the guise of the Building Safety Bill, when I will continue to advocate for affected leaseholders.

If I can be of any further assistance to you on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Chris Green MP
Member of Parliament for Bolton West

Back