I need the help of the SMB

It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks
Will do mate, I have a Tory MP (Sedgefield) and was gonna email him about the ‘Xmas Party’ that never was but I’ll do one for you instead 👍

Legend ta
Chunky, my MP (Paul Howell) responded and said this:

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that I am absolutely aware of this issue and have actively discussed it in Parliament. I will continue to lobby the Government to ensure a solution is found.

He is a Tory MP so 'pinch of salt' but hopefully he will do his duty.

Good luck.

Chunky, my MP (Paul Howell) responded and said this:

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that I am absolutely aware of this issue and have actively discussed it in Parliament. I will continue to lobby the Government to ensure a solution is found.

He is a Tory MP so 'pinch of salt' but hopefully he will do his duty.

Good luck.
Cheers very much

This isn’t a million miles away

Was down that way earlier heading to Grinnidge. In other news, was a new 2BQ announced for cladding? Thought I saw summat. Will it help?
Was down that way earlier heading to Grinnidge. In other news, was a new 2BQ announced for cladding? Thought I saw summat. Will it help?
*2bn

Last edited:
It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks
I hope this is good news for you @chunkyshitehawk53. Government homes in on £5bn cladding settlement with housebuildersGovernment homes in on £5bn cladding settlement with housebuilders

Last edited:

Back