I need the help of the SMB

It’s in another thread, but will get lost.

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks

What were you getting for your £120 a month before the 5 fold in service fees? Just seems like an easy way for people to make money as even if there was only 25 flats thats £36k a year.

Not something I've ever looked at but just blow my mind that the cost would be so much. Still cant understand how a company can sell cladding which proves to be unsafe and gets away scott free either.
Yeah, it’s crazy. The £650 is crazier still.

Appreciate if you, and everyone else, could drop a couple of lines to their MP highlighting the injustice of this.
Indeed it does

Op - done, and I even have a Tory mp
Thank you, appreciated

I’m one of the victims of the cladding scandal, the government has today rejected the bill to protect leaseholders

My service charges have increased from £120 a month to £650 a month. For a 2 bedroom flat. This gets us a fire alarm installed and waking watch. This does not include cladding removal.

I’m having to budget for £50-£75k to get this fixed. This is a 2 bedroom flat. It’s going to bankrupt thousands of people.

please can I ask those who have Tory MPs (in particular) to write to them and point out the injustice of this? It will take you a few mins only

many thanks

Need a sub forum mate :lol:

Funnily enough, I used to work with someone who is now a Conservative MP.

I’ve written them a letter outlining the sheer injustice this poses to landlords who shouldn’t have to shell out because their tenants aren’t fireproof

Wouldn’t have bothered if the OP hadn’t spent years telling me I loved having Five Guys’ special sauce all over my face.

Karma.

(just kidding, I don’t know any Tory MPs but if I can sign something or write something I will. This is a ridiculous injustice)

many thanks

Absolutely disgusting this mate. The PM was shouting in PMQs about creating affordable housing yesterday as this scandal leaves thousands of people unable to afford the homes they already own.

I followed the link and the pre-prepared email talks requests that the mp votes in favour of the Bill on 27th April. Do you just want people to delete that and write about the injustice of it being rejected?

My MP is Labour and voted to protect leaseholders, but I'm happy to fire off an email anyway.

Absolutely disgusting this mate. The PM was shouting in PMQs about creating affordable housing yesterday as this scandal leaves thousands of people unable to afford the homes they already own.

I followed the link and the pre-prepared email talks requests that the mp votes in favour of the Bill on 27th April. Do you just want people to delete that and write about the injustice of it being rejected?

My MP is Labour and voted to protect leaseholders, but I'm happy to fire off an email anyway.
Yes please. I know it’s a slightly outdated link now, so highlighting the outcome being a disgrace is sufficient. Much appreciated

Back