I Need A New Android Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsey

Striker
My old T8 can't run Kodi 17, so I'm in the market for a new one.

I've narrowed it down to a choice of three and wondered if anyone had experience of any of the following and would care to share their opinions...

DroidBOXTM T8-S Plus V2

MINIX NEO U1

MINIX NEO U9-H

Thanks my lovelies.

I've narrowed it down to a choice of three and wondered if anyone had experience of any of the following and would care to share their opinions...

DroidBOXTM T8-S Plus V2

MINIX NEO U1

MINIX NEO U9-H

Thanks my lovelies.

Don't have any of the ones you mention but just got an NVidea shield last month and compared to my last box is superb.
The Minix ones are meant to be excellent too

DroidBOXTM T8-S Plus V2

MINIX NEO U1

MINIX NEO U9-H

Thanks my lovelies.

Yes, excellent.

DroidBOXTM T8-S Plus V2

MINIX NEO U1

MINIX NEO U9-H

Thanks my lovelies.
The u9h out of them three. A shield if you want to push the boat out. An rpi3 if you want a 50quid device which runs kodi perfectly but arnt bothered about the android interface.

Got a firestick - I do like it but you can tell it lacks processing power. I think this box is worth the money. Each to their own.
It was a genuine question like. I've had zero issues with my Fire box (70 quid iirc) and was wondering what I was missing out on. Good luck with it mate.

£149.90 mate

Well mine's due the middle of next week so if you have yours before me I expect a full tutorial :lol:
Havent got me telly yet. So it's down to you! :lol:

It was a genuine question like. I've had zero issues with my Fire box (70 quid iirc) and was wondering what I was missing out on. Good luck with it mate.
Its one of the few that are capable of 4k according to the people who know stuff.

Yeah I did look at the Amazon box - it has very very goods reviews but I dunno, just fancied something different to the stick. I like having a mess about with them as well and if it lasts as long as the one I have (which can't be updated past Android 4.4) then it's not such a great outlay.

Think I was just itching to buy some tech, as I really wanted the new Samsung tablet but balked at the 600 quid price tag :lol:

I wasn't sure which thread to post this query on but here goes.

Like others, I'm thinking about giving up my extortionate Virgin Media TV package and getting a Minix Neo U9-H. I hesitate a little with the recent news about streaming issues and how it is illegal.There is also the consequential shutdown of a number of quality sites which seems to be happening e.g. Phoenix, TVAddons etc. And the media says if the ISP becomes aware of you streaming illegally they will block access. Hmm!

Where do we stand as things are and as they are likely to develop?

The Amazon box is limited (no play store officially) no proper android apps, no HDR and not as powerful (fast) as your box.

Stay clear mate don't let them tell you otherwise :lol:

Can you sideload on the fire box like you can the tablet?

I just have a big ass PC set up but sure I'm eating leccy like it's air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back