I know you're on your dinner but.....

If you are daft enough to be sat at your desk on your dinner you've only got yourself to blame.

I take your point.

I'm not sure about other people but it's the lesser of the evils mate. If I was to go into our canteen, I'd have to put up with the kitchen staff murdering Adele's 'Someone like you', and I'd run the risk of someone I know 'spotting' me on my own and proceeding to sit down - asking me that "Do you mind if I sit here" question whilst already moving the chairs back and plonking their arse down and force me to have a 'work conversation' (which I'm actively trying to avoid) when I just want some peace and quiet. So, sitting at my desk is the better option.

I do concede, I'm a miserable bastard.

I take your point.

I'm not sure about other people but it's the lesser of the evils mate. If I was to go into our canteen, I'd have to put up with the kitchen staff murdering Adele's 'Someone like you', and I'd run the risk of someone I know 'spotting' me on my own and proceeding to sit down - asking me that "Do you mind if I sit here" question whilst already moving the chairs back and plonking their arse down and force me to have a 'work conversation' (which I'm actively trying to avoid) when I just want some peace and quiet. So, sitting at my desk is the better option.

I normally just gan sit in the car if I can't be arsed to deal with people like.

I take your point.

Exactly like me. Just want to have half an hour watching a few daft vids to myself. The headphones and sarnie in my gob should tell them I'm on my dinner like.

It happens at work when I'm in a store looking for a manager and someone will say "oh (s)he's on their dinner, I'll just go and get him/her" and I always say "oh no it doesn't matter" and work round it as I would hate to pull someone off their break just to speak to me about something.

You seem to be taking this really bad like..:lol:
Does my nut in. We don't have a bait room and the canteen is miles away so by the time I've walked there it's time to walk back again.

I've decided this afternoon I don't like people speaking to me at work full stop. I dont want to hear about your new grandchild, or what your partner has or hasnt done, no I didn't watch Eastenders/Corrie last night and no I couldn't give the slightest fuck if someone has drank coffee/tea without paying into your bastard tea fund

I always found it wise to book the time out in my calendar as well. Project Managers would have a habit of booking meetings between twelve and one saying "It's the only time everybody was free in their calendars". Aye, because they are on their dinner.

Some people just can't live without work, their whole reason for being is work.

I'm out the door and forget about work until the next morning. Never understood people whose whole life is work, talking about work on nights out, every bloody conversation, work, work work
Agree,luckily my mates have always been the same,no work talk,no how much you earn shite and after being physically affected by stress related stuff due to caring more than everyone else work can f right off at dinner time

For a bloke with that name its def not lunch.

Last edited:
Some people just can't live without work, their whole reason for being is work.

I'm out the door and forget about work until the next morning. Never understood people whose whole life is work, talking about work on nights out, every bloody conversation, work, work work

can you stop blathering on about work mate, i'm finished for the day and don't care.

cheers

I take your point.

:lol:Class, how true such is life!

We once got an email from HR saying that eating your dinner in the toilet was not acceptable behaviour.:lol:
I have a fair idea who it was aimed at but @mux worked there at the time so he could have been the trap five diner.
I used to play monopoly with three other colleagues every lunchtime in the canteen :lol:

Not even joking unfortunately :lol:

Back