I have to do a Covid test on myself

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Our lass did hers on Tuesday.

Some unpleasant gagging noises.

Says she can't tolerate things at the back of her throat

Considering dumping her tbh

I've agreed to be part of the DHSC/Imperial College research study to test thousands of people randomly to see how widely it's circulating in the country. Apparently my name was chosen at random from the NHS list of patients with a GP - along with thousands of others. Anyway, I'm going to do it.

My test kit just arrived. I have to do it myself.

Has anyone done a test on themselves? Any tips?

Don't eat a bag of pickled onion monster munch shortly beforehand.

I did this without thinking back in June. I was fine but people in the house were sick (not covid as it turns out) and I went for a test to check I didn't have it as I had to travel somewhere.

I got to the place up doxy and clicked on but I was already there and couldnt turn back.

Unsurprisingly it can back inconclusive and I had to go again.

Don't eat a bag of pickled onion monster munch shortly beforehand.

I did this without thinking back in June. I was fine but people in the house were sick (not covid as it turns out) and I went for a test to check I didn't have it as I had to travel somewhere.

I got to the place up doxy and clicked on but I was already there and couldnt turn back.

Unsurprisingly it can back inconclusive and I had to go again.
Would beefy monster munch be okay 🤔

I had one of these a while ago. Came back negative, but I've no idea whether that's simply because I cocked up the swab in the first place. As for advice, just do it, and accept that it won't be pleasant.

As the bishop said to the actress ...

The hardest part for me was working out how to seal the envelope at the end, took me ages :).

I done one at a drive in and managed to lose the orange top off the tube, still haven't found it, I laid everything out on the passenger seat but still managed to bollocks it up. Capped it all off by addressing the lady on duty with a "hi mate" when she came across to assist me.
0 out of 10 for me.

I've agreed to be part of the DHSC/Imperial College research study to test thousands of people randomly to see how widely it's circulating in the country. Apparently my name was chosen at random from the NHS list of patients with a GP - along with thousands of others. Anyway, I'm going to do it.

Aye I got picked for that and it just came through the post today. Not looking forward to it like but doing my bit.
If you can do the swab test on an empty stomach.

There are lot of surveys going on and these may be adding to the delays/shortages.

One survey was supposed to be 150K
These proactive surveys will be vital for their results in tracking asymptomatic carriers and whatnot. I bet there’s more tests wasted by people doing one to get a few days off work or hypochondriacs fretting about nowt.

My missus did similar a few weeks ago. She said it was uncomfortable doing it especially sticking it right up the hooter. Oh and the gagging too. Courier picked it up and she had the results in a couple of days.
The hardest part for me was working out how to seal the envelope at the end, took me ages :).
You have a good point there. It's a bit of a puzzle

Last edited:

Back