1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have something to do which I am at a loss to prepare for.

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Scimmy, May 18, 2017.

1. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Because as emotional as you want but try and laugh at the same time. It will be one of the most uplifting things you will do. (Probably)

Son of Stan likes this.
  2. wash

wash Central Defender

Take a four pack or more sit and chat have a drink.
    If he can't don't worry just be you.
    If you feel like blubbing like a baby do so.
    Don't worry about your reaction to seeing him like he is You are both in unchartered territory.
    The stiffupper lip thing is a farce just be yourself, take some old photos of the pair of you if you have any. Reminisce about the stupid things you got up to.

Keeping the Faith likes this.
  3. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

You'll turn up and you won't even have to think about it. It'll all go naturally.

Tommasi and Bishop Boy like this.
  4. Kev75

Kev75 Central Defender

Remember this is about him not you ................go and see your marra!!!!

5. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Winger

Is the correct answer

6. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

Go and see him...have a bit crack on and a laugh ...it'll all come naturally.
    If you don't go you will regret it.

7. Gaz

Gaz Striker

Just turn up and the rest will happen naturally.

8. Tommasi

Tommasi Striker

I often don't see my mates for months/years on end and as soon as we're together it's like were 19 again ripping the piss out of each other and having a laugh. As other have said it'll be fine and if you don't you'll regret it.

ajthemackem likes this.
  9. yorkyexile

yorkyexile Striker

just keep nipping out "for a piss", bubble and gan back in. It`s a hard thing to do matey but a good un to do if you get what I mean. Best of luck with it

10. Burt84

Burt84 Goalkeeper

Horrible situation fella. I am sure the words will come. I don't have many good mates but have two that we really go out of our ways to make sure we have regular meet ups.

11. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Winger

Try to have a laugh & don't spend your final moments together sad. Easy for me to say, but have a bit of craic about the good times. & tell the fecker that he could have just said so if he didn't want to go for a pint with you. This is going a bit far. ;)

12. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

Take him for a pint if you can and just talk about footy, birds, family etc

13. HerdnMulhall

HerdnMulhall Central Defender

Very difficult.
    I think if you can keep your 'stuff' under wraps the better for him. It can be very draining for someone who is very ill to be carer for someone who is well and has never had to really face their own mortality. That doesn't mean that you can't express your own emotion but I would say that there is a balance in expressing your grief and burdening him with it. You both know this is maybe the last time. Time for warmth and a bit of craic and a realisation that it will be best for both of you to make this as joyous an occasion as befits. After all you were great mates and he wants to see you before he goes. Oh and ignore the missus.

14. Mantobar

Mantobar Central Defender

Any old photos to take and chat about. Thats my only advice. Sorry

15. mux

mux Winger Contributor

In that case I apologise Dom. I thought it was an attempt at a witty first reply. I've obviously been on this site too long :oops:

tunstall birdman likes this.
  16. This imo. Act as nowt is wrong.

17. dom

dom Winger

Don't worry about it, I was just totally at a loss to offer any advice.

HABA87 and mux like this.
  18. Scimmy

Scimmy Striker

Dom, I knew that Marra. ;):)

Sincere thanks for all the support everybody. I think I'm ready for this.

There was never a chance that I wouldn't go and see my mate, just for clarity.

mux and HABA87 like this.
  19. dom

dom Winger

Aw shucks! :oops::lol:

20. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Give him a hug mate. Other than that, just be yourself.

dom likes this.