I have just watch your Netflix documentary

bloody hell - had me nearly in tears.

You are some club.

I was at Maine road when you brought 15,000 with Garry Bennett playing and you got relegated. Then came up there for the first game at the sol.

Then about 4 times when you seemed to always win1-0 in the last minute.

Then of course in London when you were great in the league cup final.

I genuinely think your support is as good as any in the country and I can’t wait to see you get back.

I was impressed by Coleman to be honest In the programme and wondered why he didn’t stay and finish the job of bringing you back. Also is that chief executive still with you? He seemed passionate enough but a bit clueless?

Anyway wishing you all the best and hope you get back up automatically and apologies for rodwell!!!

Without a doubt my second club and a genuinely held belief shared by a huge majority on our forum blue moon that you are a fantastic bunch and a great club.

All the best

What do you think of Newcastle United?

Only time I have been to Maine Road was for Full Members cup game in 85. Freezing night, crap game, lost on penalties after 0-0 draw, don't think there was more than 7000 there in total, City fans invaded the pitch to celebrate.

No idea why but I was at that one.
Was it the game where we started in a standing corner, they we were allowed to move into a covered seating area for nowt, after the match started?

Or is my memory away again.

Never went to Maine Road but i've been to the Etihad quite a few times. Usually get on well with City fans, a bit more down to earth than United fans.

We've done okay as well surprising, i've seen us get two draws and obviously a few losses as well. The 2-2 Wickham game was fantastic, the game that started the 'Great Escape'

To them Wembley 2014 was just another day, if we'd won it would have been iconic.

No idea why but I was at that one.
Was it the game where we started in a standing corner, they we were allowed to move into a covered seating area for nowt, after the match started?

Or is my memory away again.
I know what you mean, I bunked off school in my A level year to go, ridiculous.

Most of us were in the corner but a few in the benches behind the goal, they opened the gates between them at the start of extra time so we all piled in there.

Do you ever miss the days of Shaun Goater and Andy Kereghan? I know winning everything is great but does it get a bit sterile, repetitive and boring?

I remember watching the Man City "celebrations" at the Cup Final and thinking it all looked a bit tame and relaxed...just another victory . If we had won it would have been chaos!!!
I doubt many would swap for what they have now but I know where you're coming from. I remember getting back on the bus after Wembley 92 sick as fuck and the Liverpool fans didn't look much happier.

Maine Road in 1980 night match first away game of the season and won 4-0 walking back to the busses there was city on every corner then they bricked the busses on the motorway

I went with the Shields branch. Got in at half time!

I was on that coach. What a journey!

Aye but only the Shields branch would visit a Mansfield boozer en route..8 buses if i remember rightly and majority fancy dress

Yes, and police said we couldn’t travel through Chesterfield so it was a massive diversion back up the m1. Happy days

Last edited:
To be fair Lee sharpe was unbelievable in that first half. From memory John Jay was brought on to ‘look after’ sharpe in the second half and he didn’t have quite as much joy attacking the Stretford end! We must have had 6 or 7,000 there that afternoon. Atmosphere was electric

Do you remember the 'Sunderland Reds' Union Jack in the Man Utd end to the right of us? What sort of arsehole from Sunderland would go to a match trying to take the piss out of Sunderland?

My uncle has a long association with city and used to write their end of season book through most of the 60s and 70s from memory. Always been my 2nd team.

bloody hell - had me nearly in tears.

You are some club.

I was at Maine road when you brought 15,000 with Garry Bennett playing and you got relegated. Then came up there for the first game at the sol.

Then about 4 times when you seemed to always win1-0 in the last minute.

Then of course in London when you were great in the league cup final.

I genuinely think your support is as good as any in the country and I can’t wait to see you get back.

I was impressed by Coleman to be honest In the programme and wondered why he didn’t stay and finish the job of bringing you back. Also is that chief executive still with you? He seemed passionate enough but a bit clueless?

Anyway wishing you all the best and hope you get back up automatically and apologies for rodwell!!!

Without a doubt my second club and a genuinely held belief shared by a huge majority on our forum blue moon that you are a fantastic bunch and a great club.

All the best
Top bloke

Back