I have just watch your Netflix documentary

Only time I have been to Maine Road was for Full Members cup game in 85. Freezing night, crap game, lost on penalties after 0-0 draw, don't think there was more than 7000 there in total, City fans invaded the pitch to celebrate.
nick pickering missed iirc(?) one of those games where there seemed to be loads made the trip for what whatever reason. seem to recall wooden benches to sit on.

I doubt many would swap for what they have now but I know where you're coming from. I remember getting back on the bus after Wembley 92 sick as fuck and the Liverpool fans didn't look much happier.
Norwich were the same as were city, they really weren’t that bothered

Norwich were the same as were city, they really weren’t that bothered
Surely it was a big deal for Norwich. They don’t go there very often and are a well supported club. I was there in 95 was it. Coach after coach of Norwich fans passing us sat outside a pub with our colours on, waving, thumbs up, On the ball City, rattles, grandmothers etc.
One Sunderland coach came past gjving us the two fingers, mooning their hairy arses, and screaming obscenities.
I think it’s a North / South divide.

Do you remember the 'Sunderland Reds' Union Jack in the Man Utd end to the right of us? What sort of arsehole from Sunderland would go to a match trying to take the piss out of Sunderland?
There was a bus that went to Man Utd regularly from Sunderland and Durham in the 80s. Wrong uns

You are some club.

I genuinely think your support is as good as any in the country and I can’t wait to see you get back.

Without a doubt my second club and a genuinely held belief shared by a huge majority on our forum blue moon that you are a fantastic bunch and a great club.

Divvnt care if this is a genuine post or not, these bits are, without doubt, an accurate reflection of who we are and how we are perceived. We are Sunderland. Haway the Lads

Mary Mary quite contrary - there was lurds of us down there man. And we wouldnt have had any black and white fookas like you on wa curch.

Course not marra...that's how I got a ticket off a mag mate and a seat on ya cerch on the neet before, typical Sandies sending empty busses, but fook knaa how I ended up in the hospitality suite at wemberlee with me Wham shorts and 18-30's vest on when we had knee mobile pherns

Surely it was a big deal for Norwich. They don’t go there very often and are a well supported club. I was there in 95 was it. Coach after coach of Norwich fans passing us sat outside a pub with our colours on, waving, thumbs up, On the ball City, rattles, grandmothers etc.
One Sunderland coach came past gjving us the two fingers, mooning their hairy arses, and screaming obscenities.
I think it’s a North / South divide.
85 you mean right? I remember driving away from Wembley and we were all telling them to cheer up. Football means more to us I think

We seem, or seemed, to have a few things in common with City, probably the last one being that we are not too well liked by Man Utd fans.

Funny was just talking to a mate about this today........We were chatting about Chelsea transfer embargo and saying it was funny as fuck as they are a plastic club and that once the Russian pulls his money they are fucked....If they struggle they will have an empty stadium as full of plastic fans who only turned up when the Russian did.

City were always a proper club, 28,000 average in league 1 (clearly not as good as us but not bad) ;)

Had a shit time for many years just like we have, had the media wanking themselves daft over our neighbours just like we have and love it that they get to rub Man Uniteds noses in it. Only issue for me is that some of the old school City fans who I am mates with have said it doesnt feel like it used to, that the realness of feeding the Goat has all gone and its almost too perfect now.

Once I've chinned the daft nostalgic bellends I remind them that the project is nowhere near complete as their Champions league record is f***ing awful and until they get that monkey off their backs then they will always have United giving them shit.

For me I hope they do it this season, as United and Liverpool are up there with the Mags with their embarrassing sense of entitlement.

On the down side, WTF were you doing at the landfill and letting those horrible kernts beat you??????

Read their book and talk about Sunderland was always horrible place to go. Talk about getting off at Seaburn and a big black lad waiting for them with other Sunderland. Said he was f***ing mental!! 70's era i think.

What book? I got a book called no surrender- but its for anti fascists really- talks of red army hunting boneheads in blackburn and burnley etc- author was sound

Last edited:
Yes it was actually.

I also remember a long time ago buying Craig Russell from you. He was a real Sunderland fan. Never seemed to settle at ours.

Once you’ve worn the red n white stripes nothing else matters im afraid- quinny found that out

Do you remember the 'Sunderland Reds' Union Jack in the Man Utd end to the right of us? What sort of arsehole from Sunderland would go to a match trying to take the piss out of Sunderland?

A north stand mag

Last edited:
Lovely post @mancitymark and thanks for the compliments. It has to be said that over the years that you have done far better than us on transfer deals between our clubs. Purely because of that arse of a creature called Jack Rodwell. He negates the value of anyone half decent that you've ever peddled our way. Keep in touch with us on here tho mate. It's nice to have some reasoned fans from other clubs adding their perspective on things SAFC and their own clubs fortunes:cool:

They sold us a nonce, they sold us Jack Rodwell (arguably had less redeeming features than the nonse) bad taste sorry.

But then we got Quinny from them.....Despite the nonce and Rodwell I reckon Quinny signings means we have done massively better out of the transfers between our clubs than they did.. :cool:

Course not marra...that's how I got a ticket off a mag mate and a seat on ya cerch on the neet before, typical Sandies sending empty busses, but fook knaa how I ended up in the hospitality suite at wemberlee with me Wham shorts and 18-30's vest on when we had knee mobile pherns

Nutta you man. Send empty buses? :lol:
And you weren't on my cerch cos I was livin doon London then with lurds of mackem mates.

Back