I have a full digital camera kit I no longer use - is it worth anything?

Big Jeff

Winger
Canon 20D body
Canon 22- 80 zoom lens
Vivitar series 1 wide angle lens 19 - 35 zoom
Canon 75 - 300 zoom telephoto lens
Jessops 320AFC FLASH
SEKONIC Light meter L308B
canon remote switch RS60E3
cokin filter system
with
BW2 orange
Dark Blue grad
81c warm
circular polariser
G2 grad

Or should I just chuck it out?

Oh and a Canon G5 with wide angle lens and converter

And an EXTREME 1gig memory card - wow thats some storage

The memory card cost 80 quid at the time I bought it

Its not going to be worth much, but assuming its in decent condition you should be able to get something for the 20D I would have thought.

Actually having checked MPB they are selling them for £30 with a warranty, so scratch that, its worth nowt.

Maybe look on ebay and see what things have sold for....perhaps.

Maybe others will have a better idea than me though.

I have a Canon A1 ( film) camera with lenses, filters, all sorts. ( I use a digital camera now.)

I've just assumed that the whole caboodle is worth zilch, not really sure what to do with it.

Last edited:
I kinda thought so but my day to day involvement in photography has waned so much I just wanted to tap into the experts on here.

It's that crushing reality between the original purchase price and any residual worth.

But thank you @Roger and @peachy for taking the time to respond.

I won't mention my EOS 30 as that seems even more pointless.

I will retain my Manfrotto tripod and some other stuff that still seems functional.

I kinda thought so but my day to day involvement in photography has waned so much I just wanted to tap into the experts on here.

It's that crushing reality between the original purchase price and any residual worth.

But thank you @Roger and @peachy for taking the time to respond.

I won't mention my EOS 30 as that seems even more pointless.

I will retain my Manfrotto tripod and some other stuff that still seems functional.

The 20D was a very capable camera, but I guess its age has caught up with it.

I bet someone off here would still love that kit !

The 20D was a very capable camera, but I guess its age has caught up with it.

I bet someone off here would still love that kit !
I have been persuaded to keep it. I have three batteries for it but can’t locate the charger.

This also applies to the G5.

My EOS 30 (with eye controlled focus) still has a roll of Velvia in it!

I also have a stock of film including the original Velvia 50 slide film.

I have been persuaded to keep it. I have three batteries for it but can’t locate the charger.

This also applies to the G5.

My EOS 30 (with eye controlled focus) still has a roll of Velvia in it!

I also have a stock of film including the original Velvia 50 slide film.
I had a quick look and although I don't know what you would get selling private or to a camera shop but buying the first job lot you mentioned for the 20D would cost between £350 and £400 as individual pieces from dealers online so I would keep it if it was mine.

Last edited:
I had a quick look and although I don't know what you would get selling private or to a camera shop but buying the first job lot you mentioned for the 20D would cost between £350 and £400 as individual pieces from dealers online so I would keep it if it was mine.
I took it to the tip last October.

Back