I don't like cricket...

scoob_y

Goalkeeper
I haven't lived in the NE for well over 20 yrs now but the majority of my family still do. As you get older you reach that point in your life where you realize your own mortality and it makes you think about things, probably around the time the kids came along on reflection. It made me think about my own parents and how living away meant I didn't see them and spend quality time with them anymore, especially my Dad.

I decided that I needed to find something, an excuse if you like, to do just that. I got interested in cricket late, the 2005 Ashes to be precise, but I have loved it ever since. So every year I arrange a day at the cricket for myself and my Dad. We pick a test or an ODI and we have that day. We have a beer together and we enjoy the day. Edgbaston is my closest ground and we've been to CLS and Old Trafford too for games. This year we got Ashes tickets for Day 3 at Edgbaston and for the first time we're taking my 14yr old son. Really looking forward to it...just thought I'd share Ha Ha. Cricket is class. :)

Thought you would say "I LOVE IT!"

Seen some shirts like that, where the 'Love' is a cricket ball in heart shape.

This is a nice story, that said.

Back