I don't believe we will win today

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not a doom monger or a knee jerker, but I am a realist and if the we win today I will willingly subject myself to bumping and to humiliation.

It's been 6 days now since the hype of our cup final, the lads did us proud. The thought of another trip to Wembley is just upon the horizon, I cannot think of any time in recent history or in history itself where we have been to Wembley twice in one season. This is a fantastic prospect.

Nonetheless, I don't feel as though Gus is setting his sights upon a determined victory today. A performance like on sunday would decimate hull, but I do not believe it is priority. Survival is Gus's priority, he's already made comments regarding that in the past. Clearly, his ambition for the FA cup already seemed minor when we played a weakened time against Southampton (albeit triumphed) and I can't see why he would be losing any sleep if we got knocked out today. There is after all, nobody not one single person within this club who can turn round and criticise him for a lack of cup ambition or success.

If we go out today. The fact does not change that the lads have done us proud this season with cup performances. A cup final and another quarter final, the journey has been amazing and I loved every minute of it. I would like us to win today, I would hope us to win today, but its hardly the end nor is it a dent to our season if we don't.
Logon or register to see this image

I am not a doom monger or a knee jerker, but I am a realist and if the we win today I will willingly subject myself to bumping and to humiliation.

It's been 6 days now since the hype of our cup final, the lads did us proud. The thought of another trip to Wembley is just upon the horizon, I cannot think of any time in recent history or in history itself where we have been to Wembley twice in one season. This is a fantastic prospect.

Nonetheless, I don't feel as though Gus is setting his sights upon a determined victory today. A performance like on sunday would decimate hull, but I do not believe it is priority. Survival is Gus's priority, he's already made comments regarding that in the past. Clearly, his ambition for the FA cup already seemed minor when we played a weakened time against Southampton (albeit triumphed) and I can't see why he would be losing any sleep if we got knocked out today. There is after all, nobody not one single person within this club who can turn round and criticise him for a lack of cup ambition or success.

If we go out today. The fact does not change that the lads have done us proud this season with cup performances. A cup final and another quarter final, the journey has been amazing and I loved every minute of it. I would like us to win today, I would hope us to win today, but its hardly the end nor is it a dent to our season if we don't.

Clearly a WUM - although a terrible one at that !!

Far too many "today's" to be believable

I do sort of feel Gus has put us between a rock and a hard place. We have come so far in the cup to turn back now. I think we have to go all the way; if not for the chances of winning the FA Cup then for the experience of the League Cup final. But on t'other hand fact remains is that there is a distinct possibility that the physicality of the cup games has not helped us physically in the league games. Man City can juggle winning cups with the league because they have players how must have Duracel batteries up their arses. Physically I think they can go on for far longer than someone like Colback or Larsson or Gardner. Our players just aren't that physically fit. You see that in the way they can't keep up the good spells in games to play that way over the 90 minutes. We usually start bad but end well or start well and end bad. Good attacking spells can become sloppy passing, holding up the ball, bad defensive errors and woeful shots way off target. If the team physically improve to be able to play over the 90 minutes the way we played over the 45 minutes of the final (as an example) we could nick a result against sides like West Brom and Southampton and Crystal Palace. We did ONCE to my knowledge when we beat Fulham who is a more established PL side than us 4-1.

If we lose in the cup, OK it will hurt like hell to go out to Hull who will have beaten us three times this season - irrespective of how good or bad they are - then maybe the team can concentrate on putting maximum effort into getting results in the league.

I like to believe that Gus merely used the cup to improve the performance of the team. If we won't have taken a step closer to relegation.

To be fair with captain birdseye here, although he got the day wrong he was spot on!

You all took the piss out of him yet despite getting the game date wrong he saw the result coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back