'I didn't think I'd done anything wrong': Jonny Bairstow feels he was dumped unfairly from England's Test team

He was a more mature batsman at the start of his test career. Tries too hard to belt the colour out of the red ball in the last few years.

I quite like him but he just might not be good enough. He played at our ground for N Yorks u13s and he stood out a mile.

Seems a very self-centered kind of bloke, in the world cup final recap sky did, he again brings himself up saying he felt he should have been asked to be one of the batsmen for the super over. came across quite bitter about it too, now there's nothing wrong with having belief in your talents but a bit of self awareness seems to have completely escaped him, why would you also talk about it in the detail he did when you have won also. It's clear for all to see in this article too!

There's nothing wrong with him showing some ambition to get back in the team,especially when Jos Buttler's coat is on such a wobbly peg, but spots have to be earned and Johnny has done absolutely nothing in red ball cricket to show he deserves a recall. They made the right call in leaving him out of the NZ tour because his form didn't justify selection but it's the same old muddle thinking from the selectors in bringing him back for South Africa. That was a f***ing joke.

I find him a bit of a strange lad tbh, he seems almost immature in his responses to any criticism or set-back. The fact he's played 70 tests shows he's more than justified faith in him and has continued to fail. I would gladly cast him on the test scrapheap now, if he doesn't think he's done anything wrong then how will he put it right?

Terrific one day player, rank average test batsman.

Apart from constantly giving his wicket away that a 12 year old would never do after his first coaching session in the nets, he has a point.
love this response. my grandad always told me the most important thing when batting is to be patient and protect your wicket. if the runs don't come over time, then the reality is you're facing a bloody good bowling team.

He has the same flaws in his technique that he had 8 years ago, bowled through the gate, and has done nothing to rectify it.

He does appear to be very self centred

Back