I Daniel Blake

I have seen it, and while there is a possibility what happened to Daniel could happen in real life, what happened to the woman in the film was made up nonsense that would never happen.

In fact most of the film was nonsense to suit a certain agenda

Wrong

Also, Brian clough would have punched your face for using his picture with such despicable views

I have seen it, and while there is a possibility what happened to Daniel could happen in real life, what happened to the woman in the film was made up nonsense that would never happen.

In fact most of the film was nonsense to suit a certain agenda

Have you ever worked in a Jobcentre ?

Don't get me wrong, I've always voted Labour but i don't see how watching this film would change an opinion. I've worked in and around this area for a while too....

Like one of those horror movies that starts with “based on real events”. It’s fiction and people should treat it as such
Did you not see the link i just posted? Real stories from up and down the country. You can’t prove otherwise so keep your I’ll informed opinions to one side while we deal with facts.
We had these stories under the previous labour govt. It's like saying i'm voting Tory because I've watched Wall Street.
Sorry you’ll have to find me a link proving this.

I can't believe someone would dismiss a Mum being driven to prostitution as 'made up nonsense'.

Did City High teach you nothing?

She would have no need to resort to prostitution in the scenario portrayed in the movie. It was pure spin and actually took away from the much more realistic, or at the very least possible 'Daniel' story.
The Independent report isn't, anyway its none of my business who you vote for

I was talking about the fictional movie.

She would have no need to resort to prostitution in the scenario portrayed in the movie. It was pure spin and actually took away from the much more realistic, or at the very least possible 'Daniel' story.

I was talking about the fictional movie.
Based on true stories such as the one linked to in my earlier post.

Wrong

Also, Brian clough would have punched your face for using his picture with such despicable views

The film painted a picture that she would have had no money at all due to just been late for a appointment, which one what not have happened and two even it it did,only her own money would have stopped, the money for her children tax credits and child benefit is totally unaffected by attending appointments at the job centre.

But of course the film portrayed all her money stopped which is simply incorrect
Have you ever worked in a Jobcentre ?

Yeah and it was the complete opposite as portrayed in the film.

Last edited:
The film painted a picture that she would have had no money at all due to just been late for a appointment, which one what not have happened and two even it it did,only her own money would have stopped, the money for her children tax credits and child benefit is totally unaffected by attending appointments at the job centre.

But of course the film portrayed all her money stopped which is simply incorrect

Yeah and it was the complete opposite as portrayed in the film.
Did you read the article? Thought not

Back