I.D this, Anyone?

I work on the riverside see seals every low tide and there is deffo otters round clatchy and a bit further down .
There's a big Seal that gets up well past South Hylton, people that walk their dogs up there have seen it on various occasions, I've never seen anything move so fast in the water, the Otters have been breeding up next to the wild foul park for years now, Often go up there in the spring, very early in the morning and watch their pups play, beatiful to watch.

Otter deffo, just checked it's pockets and i can confirm they are very damp.

Same place as otter 4 wks ago.
Logon or register to see this image
[/url][/IMG]
It’s took me a good 40seconds to realise that wasn’t a big bin bag.

Otter. Legs are too big and strong for a Rat. Rats just have little ratty type legs.
Rat has ratty legs.

f***ing love ground breaking news on here

There's a big Seal that gets up well past South Hylton, people that walk their dogs up there have seen it on various occasions, I've never seen anything move so fast in the water, the Otters have been breeding up next to the wild foul park for years now, Often go up there in the spring, very early in the morning and watch their pups play, beatiful to watch.

Have seen the seal as far as Chester Le Street. I wonder how far he'd go if the weir wasn't there

A year or two back by the SoL, I saw a seal pop up in front (behind?) one of those single scull rowing boats. The lass in it nearly capsized with shock. The lad in another boat was pissing himself laughing.

Otter. There is at least one family of them around South Hylton. I've seen them from Claxheugh Rock right up to the Victoria Viaduct, but mostly around South Hylton. The steps at the rowing club and the Golden Lion are common spots.

Back