I am a coward. Official.

Boinger

Winger
Had our new councillor knock the door today, introducing herself (Mrs Kaur) asking about any problems we we're concerned about in the area, telling us how to get in touch etc.. She closed by asking if we voted for her at the last election.. I said yes, when I didn't. :oops:

But on a serious note, I was very impressed that a councillor would call like that, and cannot ever recall being visited after an election.

Had our new councillor knock the door today, introducing herself (Mrs Kaur) asking about any problems we we're concerned about in the area, telling us how to get in touch etc.. She closed by asking if we voted for her at the last election.. I said yes, when I didn't. :oops:

But on a serious note, I was very impressed that a councillor would call like that, and cannot ever recall being visited after an election.
You are not a coward you just told a lie there is a difference

What you should have said is no I didnt vote for you but appreciate you making the effort to knock on doors and ask for people's options on the local issues..

Nah... Chicken it and just say yea

What you should have said is no I didnt vote for you but appreciate you making the effort to knock on doors and ask for people's options on the local issues..

Nah... Chicken it and just say yea
My dad told his MP prior to the election that he was just Tony Blairs puppet, he said, 'Do you think so', he said, 'No, I know so'.
He was in the Labour party for years, he was in Trimdon club the night he became Prime Minister.

I knew the direction the party were going from his reaction to getting out and his reasons, this was quite a number of years prior to the referendum as well, he cannot stand Tony Blair now.

Nowt to worry about lying to a politician
They get well paid for doing it every day

I'm a councillor. We visit people all year round! Really winds me up when people say we only come round when we want a vote. There's 6000 houses to visit in my ward so it takes a while to get through them all.

Often when we knock doors far out from an election, people look at us baffled because there isn't an election and we're there: "leave me alone". But if we didn't, we'd be accused of not caring about their views. Can't win. :lol:

Last edited:
It's nice to be nice.
What we have to remember is, we're all cowards and hypocrites and nasty and nice....etc....in certain measures, with some people having/doing more of one than another.

It's all about the company you're in and the environment you're in which generally dictates how you act.
Being nice and telling a person at your door what you think they want to hear without you being truthful, is a lie...but a lie in order to give a feel good reply and to pacify the canvasser. A good lie.

It's certainly not cowardly.
Cowardly would be if you told the canvasser that you can't stand them and to get the eff away from the door. It's nasty and cowardly.

And so on.

Back