I’ve bought a pizza oven

We've got one and it took an absolute age to get hot enough to cook the pizza properly.
Hmmmm
I have the same pizza oven. Quite good but it is hard to keep the temperature very high for a long period of time. I used BBQ coals firstly which gets the temperature very hot but it drops quickly. I have tried wood as well but that takes an age to get a decent bed of coals. I found I could get 2 pizzas done then had to build the fire to get a high temperature again. Still worth it in my opinion and can cook a thin based pizza in about 90 seconds when very hot. The pizza stone isnt the best as it is thin so my next purchase will be a thinker stone.
You on about the BBQ topper or the link on page 1?
Shop bought pizza quality has got worse and worse and takeaway pizza is generally pretty shite, quite like the idea of making from scratch and experimenting with different flours and flavours
I would say it's the complete opposite like. Cannot whack the sourdough oval efforts all the supermarkets knock out.

Last edited:

Definitely something I want and I'd use it as well! Can't beat fresh made pizza and I'm torn between the wood pellet one or building a outside wood fired brick oven.

Definitely something I want and I'd use it as well! Can't beat fresh made pizza and I'm torn between the wood pellet one or building a outside wood fired brick oven.
Nice dog pic. That’s mine in the avatar, who we rescued when she was a bag of bones

Last edited:

wood pellet ones are a nightmare if you're making anything more than a few pizzas

if she can't be arsed to make the dough @Ghfd the northern dough company is decent enough can be found in tesco or sainsburys freezer section

Last edited:
wood pellet ones are a nightmare if you're making anything more than a few pizzas

if she can't be arsed to make the dough @Ghfd the northern dough company is decent enough can be found in tesco or sainsburys freezer section
Cheers for the tip , I’ve passed on the info. We have bought Canadian Marriages extra strong bread flour. Made some stotties already and they were lovely

We have been buying the mix mate and it's not bad even in a normal oven but I think in a pizza oven it will be 100% better. The brick oven is about the same price as a pellet oven if I get the DIY kit.

Cheers for the tip , I’ve passed on the info. We have bought Canadian Marriages extra strong bread flour. Made some stotties already and they were lovely
Stottie is the one thing I always want and you can't get it down south. How easy is it to make? Never thought to even try it myself 🙈

Remember that all the toppings need to cook. Okay for the oven but shite in a pizza oven or ooni. The water does not have time to evaporate and the pizza ends up soggy.

Back