I’ve been commissioned for a third season of chemotherapy

Am I reading this right, that the healthcare professionals paused their treatment of your life-threatening condition to update users of this forum on how you were doing??

Carlsberg doesn't do SMBers, but if they did...

Yep, telt him someone called ‘raindog’ was calling for an update. Brilliant that, Ive shared the tale.:lol:

@foggy we have corresponded before and I'm genuinely sorry you are going through another session of chemo. Been through a couple of cancers myself, one of which I was given a terminal diagnosis 12 years ago. Survived all sorts of ill health since and last week fell down the stairs head first and was fortunate not to kill myself.
What I want to say is that you are in several brotherhoods. Someone who is living with an active cancer, someone going through chemo, a MLF and a member of this board.
Take heart, you may be a perfect stranger but you simple erudition, the total absence of victimhood, and the matter of fact down to earth way you describe your situation is a testament to your character, your stoicism.
So let's know how you you get on.
Fingers crossed.

Thank you kind sir and all the best to you.I am well aware that I am far from alone in this.

Being a perfect stranger sums it up. Those that I alluded to in my life who know me and know it’s me on here are not the very few I have met since my postings on here I hasten to add. It’s the anonymity that lets me let it all out. I’m no book writer, unless everything I did was around my drugged ramblings of life with cancer.

Oh just one correction, I did have a nanosecond of victimhood.

And the puppy requests. I’ll have a go at hoying some pics up.

Thank you kind sir and all the best to you.I am well aware that I am far from alone in this.

Being a perfect stranger sums it up. Those that I alluded to in my life who know me and know it’s me on here are not the very few I have met since my postings on here I hasten to add. It’s the anonymity that lets me let it all out. I’m no book writer, unless everything I did was around my drugged ramblings of life with cancer.

Oh just one correction, I did have a nanosecond of victimhood.

And the puppy requests. I’ll have a go at hoying some pics up.

Is chemo like television in that it used to be a series rather than a season, just wondering if medication has gone all Americanised.

Is chemo like television in that it used to be a series rather than a season, just wondering if medication has gone all Americanised.

This season business was one of my pet hates too but it went with the commissioning to the executives bit.

There is no link with chemo. Well any sensible non analogy ones I can think of. I suppose I’m on my third round, where a round has a number of cycles. Or I’m in my third year. Or I’m overthinking this.

Last edited:
It's a humbling experience to read your posts Foggy keep up the fight lad. I feel a tit griping over the Kia Rio hire car I'm getting today off the insurers while my ute gets fixed.:oops:

Am I reading this right, that the healthcare professionals paused their treatment of your life-threatening condition to update users of this forum on how you were doing??

Carlsberg doesn't do SMBers, but if they did...

I was that man :oops:

Honestly I dont know what to say thats not already been said Foggy. Really hope all goes well with this super Chemo, thats if you can call any chemo super as ive gathered it a proper knacker.. but as there's not much else on the table you have to give it s bash mate. Hope you get some remission time, so to get to make some memories with your daughter... god knows you deserve it mate.

Keep it up @foggy, you are as has already been said a massive inspiration with how you are handling the situation.
MODS. Any chance of collating all of @Foggys rambling posts into one concise post so folks can read them all without having to search.

Absurdly well written and poignant. I hope I'll be able to carry myself with similar grace and intelligence should I find myself in the same situation one day.

Back