I’ve been commissioned for a third season of chemotherapy

@foggy (or anyone else who has gone through chemo) do you mind me asking if during your battle you’ve had any experience of Rituximab, cyclophosphamide or IVIG?

These are the next treatments for my son and wondered if you had any experience

@foggy (or anyone else who has gone through chemo) do you mind me asking if during your battle you’ve had any experience of Rituximab, cyclophosphamide or IVIG?

Sorry I have no experience of any of those.

I received six cycles of R-CHOP, the R and C of which are Rituximab and Cyclophosphamide, during successful treatment for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma three years ago. I suffered no serious side-effects. During the first cycle, I did experience some minor discomfort (sweating, itchy head, dizziness) , but this was resolved by reducing the rate of the IV drip. There are other details in here about what to expect -
R-CHOP chemotherapy

Best wishes to everybody affected.

I received six cycles of R-CHOP, the R and C of which are Rituximab and Cyclophosphamide, during successful treatment for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma three years ago. I suffered no serious side-effects. During the first cycle, I did experience some minor discomfort (sweating, itchy head, dizziness) , but this was resolved by reducing the rate of the IV drip. There are other details in here about what to expect -
R-CHOP chemotherapy

Best wishes to everybody affected.
thanks for taking time to reply. No new allergies from the rituximab? He's only 21 months old and the doses needed are very small as it's to combat an autoimmune issue rather than a cancer but speaking to other families, I've heard of rituximab bringing on a whole host of allergies, including sunlight in one little girl. We met with a doctor at GOSH on Monday who also told us of a child who got sepsis and died through rituximab.

He'll have ritux or cyclo so atm we're trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

thanks for taking time to reply. No new allergies from the rituximab? He's only 21 months old and the doses needed are very small as it's to combat an autoimmune issue rather than a cancer but speaking to other families, I've heard of rituximab bringing on a whole host of allergies, including sunlight in one little girl. We met with a doctor at GOSH on Monday who also told us of a child who got sepsis and died through rituximab.

He'll have ritux or cyclo so atm we're trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

No. No allergies before, during, or after. I was 50 at the time of treatment, so obviously the effects could be somewhat different.

I really hope everything goes OK for you all.

Back