I’m being cut open tonight

Day 7

A whole week in a noisy ward. A bed that isn’t long enough if I raise the head end. 1 millimetre thick pillows. I stole one of them from out the door when a trolley was left for a minute. I have my own room with a telly. Only one of two on the ward. I am the only one with a remote though. It doesn’t work if it rains however. Today has been a write off.

Christ the days are long in here.

Nights aren’t much better. It’s almost as noisy.

But enough moaning. They’re fixing me. Only one mega puke so far today. All bile. That really has to stop soon. The antibiotics seem to be winning at last. My angry red belly is definitely calming down. I’ve had two milkshake protein drinks today although I feel another puke coming on. Must hold on. I need the nutrients. They must have found a batch. They gave me nowt at all yesterday.
I even managed a little shit mousse which they took away for tests.

I have my iPad and the mags are on Sky. I have 36gb of data left out of my 100gb. It resets on 4 October. Hopefully I’m out before then otherwise I’m on rations.

C’mon Leicester

Class that the antibiotics appear to be working.

Day 7

A whole week in a noisy ward. A bed that isn’t long enough if I raise the head end. 1 millimetre thick pillows. I stole one of them from out the door when a trolley was left for a minute. I have my own room with a telly. Only one of two on the ward. I am the only one with a remote though. It doesn’t work if it rains however. Today has been a write off.

Christ the days are long in here.

Nights aren’t much better. It’s almost as noisy.

But enough moaning. They’re fixing me. Only one mega puke so far today. All bile. That really has to stop soon. The antibiotics seem to be winning at last. My angry red belly is definitely calming down. I’ve had two milkshake protein drinks today although I feel another puke coming on. Must hold on. I need the nutrients. They must have found a batch. They gave me nowt at all yesterday.
I even managed a little shit mousse which they took away for tests.

I have my iPad and the mags are on Sky. I have 36gb of data left out of my 100gb. It resets on 4 October. Hopefully I’m out before then otherwise I’m on rations.

C’mon Leicester

I don't want to sound patronising or out of line, but if you need more data, I'll happily sort it for you. Some how. Can't have a man unable to watch the lunchtime repeat of the Mags getting a tonking.

Day 8.

And I feel better. Yes I’ve still got pain but I’m used to that. The cellulitis is calming right down. All I need to do now is eat and not puke.

Sounds easy but I’m not hungry. Food just seems yuk. I don’t feel as sick today so hopefully the puking has finished. It’s sunny so the telly is working.

Thanks for the offer of data. I think I should be ok. There’s the match tonight on Sky. I have 33.34gb left which is loads by any standard but this streaming lark gobbles it.

If I get out in a couple of days that should more than do me. Get out! Did I say get out? Be quiet lad. Talk like that will drive me mad. Day at a time.

Day 8.

And I feel better. Yes I’ve still got pain but I’m used to that. The cellulitis is calming right down. All I need to do now is eat and not puke.

Sounds easy but I’m not hungry. Food just seems yuk. I don’t feel as sick today so hopefully the puking has finished. It’s sunny so the telly is working.

Thanks for the offer of data. I think I should be ok. There’s the match tonight on Sky. I have 33.34gb left which is loads by any standard but this streaming lark gobbles it.

If I get out in a couple of days that should more than do me. Get out! Did I say get out? Be quiet lad. Talk like that will drive me mad. Day at a time.

Keep going Foggy. You still on the Milkshakes?

Great stuff F
Here iam at home off work with the 10 bob bits and if you think im feeling sorry for mesel you would be 100% correct

Hope this cheers you up...

Day 8.

Sounds positive mate. Keep your chin up.
I'm also happy to gift you some data if you run out.

Day 8.

Day 8 sounds better than day 6 mate. Sounds like its moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed for getting home in the next couple of days

Sounds like you're on the mend. Maybe out for Lincoln City match, sitting on your sofa listening to the dulcet tones of Barnes and Benno. Or does that make you want to stop in?!

Foggy - did you see the program on prison guards last night?
Bet you dont miss that!
Utter hell for about 22k a year now.

Day 9

They’re threatening to release me. I’ve been trained to change the stoma bag that is busily collecting abscess gunk, seen the dietician about high calorific food and just waiting for the doc to give the go ahead. I’m still puking daily but I’d rather do that in my own netty. It flushes more than once for starters. And I’ll have a telly not dependent on the weather.

Then it’s only 3 weeks to build up for the big operation.

I did watch the prison thing. Not that I was ever on the front but I don’t miss any of it. They have all kids as officers now. Good luck with that.

I’ll be back. Hopefully. Thanks for listening

Day 9
They’re threatening to release me. I’ve been trained to change the stoma bag that is busily collecting abscess gunk, seen the dietician about high calorific food and just waiting for the doc to give the go ahead. I’m still puking daily but I’d rather do that in my own netty. It flushes more than once for starters. And I’ll have a telly not dependent on the weather.

Then it’s only 3 weeks to build up for the big operation.
Smashing news that.
Which big operation is that then? Sorry, I'm a bit lost.

Back