I’m after a bike.

Only issue with the Kraken is the handlebars are a bit wider than most bikes which can be a tight squeeze in places.

I have a Specialized as well and the Carreras are on par these days (imho)

Another vote here
Funnily enough I got the Kraken for the wide handlebars- I find it much better off road to control.

Funnily enough I got the Kraken for the wide handlebars- I find it much better off road to control.
I can’t get it through those gates they have in places to stop motorbikes so I have to stop and walk it through. Also don’t like the hexagonal grips but they are easily changed.

I like only having two sets of gears

I'm after a new bike as well, looking to get one at probably the end of february. Preferably a hybrid or adventure bike as long as it's light. not looking to spend crackers money though.

I can’t get it through those gates they have in places to stop motorbikes so I have to stop and walk it through. Also don’t like the hexagonal grips but they are easily changed.

I like only having two sets of gears

You’re right about the gates - they have them on the Leeds Liverpool canal path. I just lift the bugger over ..... ready for the rest tbh !

I made a serious suggestion that covered all the OP requests.

Was lush in summer lockdown. Cycling all
Over with beers on the go.
How was it a serious suggestion? Nobody rides fixies unless they’re cruising around a Californian beach. They’re madly impractical outside of the city. If you went to a bike shop and they tried to sell you one for what the op requested they’d be fairly negligent in their advice.

How was it a serious suggestion? Nobody rides fixies unless they’re cruising around a Californian beach. They’re madly impractical outside of the city. If you went to a bike shop and they tried to sell you one for what the op requested they’d be fairly negligent in their advice.
Because he wanted a bike that does as he asked and a fix can do all that, just because you can't comprehend that doesn't make it stupid, just makes you stupid.
They use cruisers and low riders in most beach areas of California. Loads of people use fixes. Saw a good few today when out spoke to one lad about his mango as that's what I fancy.

Because he wanted a bike that does as he asked and a fix can do all that, just because you can't comprehend that doesn't make it stupid, just makes you stupid.
They use cruisers and low riders in most beach areas of California. Loads of people use fixes. Saw a good few today when out spoke to one lad about his mango as that's what I fancy.
They’re not a beginners bike though. And they still can’t do big hills, unless you’re Froome dog.

I take it that means the ability to switch between fixed and free wheel?

That is brand new information to me. My fixed wheel had one sprocket. You peddled it no flipping.

Yes - that is a game changer and I accept i did not know that.

In my club if you got out the saddle to peddle someone would spit on your saddle. It was badge of honour that you stayed sitting unless you were that far ahead no one could reach you.

Back