Hypothetical how long will you give Phil Parkinson?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

If Phil Parkinson does not get us promoted, I'm sure the majority (80-85%??) On here would want him out.

And I know this hypothetical but let's say Parkinson did get us promoted , wasn't given much of a budget and we were struggling in bottom 5...how long would you wait before you state he should be sacked?

Would it be a few games , few months , Christmas or would you say he got us up I'll back him all season.

Interested to hear what other fans think?
We should be going up this season, whether that is automatically or by the play offs. If he fails in that objective, then I'd be inclined to move him on. Unless it's something daft like a crap refereeing decision in the play off semis etc etc

Given where we are, with the resources we have in this division (that is considerably weaker than last year) there are no excuses for not going up

It's a tough one, and depends who else is out there, what the ownership situation is etc

Heart says give him until Xmas, but head says I don't want another season where we change manager part-way through

This is all moot because he's taking us up. :cool:

If Phil Parkinson does not get us promoted, I'm sure the majority (80-85%??) On here would want him out.

And I know this hypothetical but let's say Parkinson did get us promoted , wasnt given much of a budget and we were struggling in bottom 5...how long would you wait before you state he should be sacked?

Would it be a few games , few months , Christmas or would you say he got us up I'll back him all season.

Well one bad performance or maybe an entire season, is this in real time of post match forum time?

love / hate / apathy. win / lose /draw.

Same answer as always - We NEED long-term stability, so if we have a manager who shows constant development, and clearly has a plan that will get us there in the end, then we should stick with that.

Ross almost had this sorted, but it was clear the progression had stalled.

Even if we don’t go up this season he should be giving the chance from the start to get us promoted next year.
Yeah this, his ability to positively influence the course of games by changes in tactics and or personnel is very impressive.

Crazy ain’t it. It’s absolutely baffling how some of our fans just look for every possible negative outcome. There’s some severe counselling needed around here!
I'm not so sure a lot of them are Safc fans .

keeping the club progressing in the right direction aka back towards the premer league, then i don't care how long he's manager.

If he'd been here since pre season I reckon we'd be walking the league. Players not being fit is indefensible by Jack Ross

Assuming that the Club will have a new owner(s) in the near future I suspect that it will depend on what their plans and resources are like. Under those circumstances I don't think that the fans will have any say in Parkinson's immediate future .

That said should the club change hands and Parkinson fail to secure promotion I think that it is likely that he will be replaced. It might be pretty harsh on him given the time he has had and how close he might get to it but its usually the way of these things.

He has a worse team than Ross ever had at any point and our performances are better than any game we had under Ross. Deserves a full season without a doubt, unless it’s an absolute disaster next season. He’s proven me wrong so far and long may it continue.

He has a worse team than Ross ever had at any point and our performances are better than any game we had under Ross. Deserves a full season without a doubt, unless it’s an absolute disaster next season. He’s proven me wrong so far and long may it continue.
We have also had some awful performances under Parkinson our away performances are worse as well

We have also had some awful performances under Parkinson our away performances are worse as well
True. The way he’s upped their fitness levels though and implements a high press wins me over massively. Often wonder if the reason McGeady liked Ross so much was the obvious lack in fitness training. But aye, away performances have to improve if we want to go up automatically.

True. The way he’s upped their fitness levels though and implements a high press wins me over massively. Often wonder if the reason McGeady liked Ross so much was the obvious lack in fitness training. But aye, away performances have to improve if we want to go up automatically.
Its good that we are improving but parky being stubborn might cost us all he has done so far is rectify an appalling start if we don't go up he should be gone.

And I know this hypothetical but let's say Parkinson did get us promoted , wasnt given much of a budget and we were struggling in bottom 5...how long would you wait before you state he should be sacked?

So many questions and scenarios and your asking on a football forum where so many fans have so many views

So the answer is......................

Posters wanting shot of him if he doesn't get us promoted this season absolutely clueless

Least a full season next let him bring his own players in look what hes done with just 4 signings

Wait till he's got his own full team in we'll be unstoppable

Back