Hyped up places that were crap

When the F&B first opened it was good. Used to go regularly with the bairns. Food was always decent. Like so many places, they get busy, stop trying, standards slip and prices rise.
MPW, when it first opened in Indigo Hotel, was very good. Not been for 2-3 years, so it may have improved, but last time it was truly awful.
Franchises really are a mixed bag imo, the actual ingredients might be the same but if they don't serve them properly it can be the difference. We eat out loads and have done for years, Frankie and Benny's over boldon was okay,the Sunderland one was absolutely shite

It’s not all it’s hyped up to be,LA neither,but there are some really nice parts of Cali,if you get the chance visit Napa valley and Orange County,I have been here a month and had a good look around.
Few days in San Fran then a few in Las Vegas. Sounds awful (and expensive) to be honest :lol:

Tynemouth Sea Life Centre (now known as Blue Reef aquarium)

If you need to get rid of £50 in 15 minutes this is the place. It absolutely stinks as well. The worst tourist attraction in the north east.

Polar express at tanfield railway.

Polar express shildon.

You would probably be very happy there if you had relocated from Aleppo.

Aleppo and Damascus were lovely places pre war. It’s a pity we didn’t extend the bell we’re now deservedly offering to Ukrainians to the Syrians.
Tynemouth Sea Life Centre (now known as Blue Reef aquarium)

If you need to get rid of £50 in 15 minutes this is the place. It absolutely stinks as well. The worst tourist attraction in the north east.

Polar express at tanfield railway.

Polar express shildon.

I’ve not been to sea
Life but when the suggestion was made to go today it was the first thing my son snd daughter said “it stinks dad”.

We ended up in inflataspace on Benfield road. The kids enjoyed it - guess I’ll never get to smell the stinky blue reef!

Last edited:
Another one

Northumberlandia

What a heap of shite. Great if you've got a drone otherwise you're just walking in spirals, going nowhere.
Aleppo and Damascus were lovely places pre war. It’s a pity we didn’t extend the bell we’re now deservedly offering to Ukrainians to the Syrians.

I’ve not been to sea
Life but when the suggestion was made to go today it was the first thing my son snd daughter said “it stinks dad”.

We ended up in inflataspace on Benfield road. The kids enjoyed it - guess I’ll never get to smell the stinky blue reef!

If you've ever had a gold fish and not cleaned it out for a while, then you disturb the water, breaking the skin on the water, so it smells like you've burst a bag of farts. That's what blue reef smells like. All the fish are shite as well.

Inflataspace is cheaper and better. Often take the bairns there. Sky track is mint.

Last edited:
Another one

Northumberlandia

What a heap of shite. Great if you've got a drone otherwise you're just walking in spirals, going nowhere.

If you've ever had a gold fish and not cleaned it out for a while, then you disturb the water, breaking the skin on the water, so it smells like you've burst a bag of farts. That's what blue reef smells like. All the fish are shite as well.

Inflataspace is cheaper and better. Often take the bairns there. Sky track is mint.
I Like Northumberlandia

They often have a local food market on, so bit bait, bit wander. Nice family day out.
Every time I've been there (4 or 5 times) there's been nowt on, and at least 3 times there's been an argument between me and the missus. I want to get stuck in, she was wanting a leisurely stroll. Doing 5mph yomp with the pushchair leaving her behind is apparently not conducive to family time.

One time a pathway was closed due to wasps living in a burrow on the pathway.

A few to start:

Miller & Carter - appalling value for money and shoddy service.

Marco Pierre White steakhouse - decent food but stupidly expensive and pretentious

The Rib Room (Ramside) - place is falling apart and staffed by bairns
We were in the steakhouse on Thursday and found it to be quite nice tbf. Wasn't pretentious at all. Food was good our waiter was a bit meh but nowt really to complain about. I had the rib eye which was perfectly cooked and Mrs had the fishcake. Very tasty indeed and the bill was what you'd expect for a steak with wine beer etc.

Back