Hyped up places that were crap

Alton Towers - hell on earth.
The rides are good it's just the queuing, same at virtually every theme park. Should get the priority tickets but this bumps the price up massively plus lots have the same idea so theres even queues for priority. Best go when the kids are at school but you can't take your kids then unless you let them off school.

I'm sure it used to be hyped up at one point, 'Night at the dogs', dear me absolutely awful place, like a timewarp wmc which shit beer

Last edited:
I've got the delights of that next year. Really don't want to go :lol:
Do your research for where you will stay in San Fran.
Was travelling by car from Reno, Nevada (stayed there with family) and entered a really rough, downtown area to our inner-city Motel, that had guards patrolling it. Was woken at 2am-ish with gun shot from the security guard warning somebody to get off their car-park.
Next morning, took the family to another area (c. 5 minutes away) and it was quiet and felt safe. Always remember where we stayed in the quiet area, the Coventry Hotel.
Loved Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and travelling on the trams.
Think it's a good place to stay, but plenty of poverty and rough areas...

I used to work for the company behind miller and Carter (but in a different brand) and can confirm that everything is bought in, none of the sauces etc. are made in the kitchens. even the steaks themselves aren't the best quality in the company due to the numbers they have to go through.
I bet there's a lot of unpleasant information blokes like you aren't allowed to divulge about the big food chains .
Every time I've been there (4 or 5 times) there's been nowt on, and at least 3 times there's been an argument between me and the missus. I want to get stuck in, she was wanting a leisurely stroll. Doing 5mph yomp with the pushchair leaving her behind is apparently not conducive to family time.

One time a pathway was closed due to wasps living in a burrow on the pathway.
You should go in the Snowy Owl and let her climb up and down the owld pit heaps .

Back