Hylton castle arms

I lived in Canterbury Road in the early 70s - ask your parents if they can remember the police house with Sgt Reid and Constable Miller in situ.
You quickly had to learn how to look after yourself in those times - there was always friction with the Town Enders whenever they ventured into our “territory”😁
I remember Reid :)

If you act/acted up you will get a clip. Same as other places🤷‍♂️.

Well, already said staff been threatened and on seperate occasion windows put out. What more do u want mate?

Sof shites :lol: 😜 never been a club man. Hate the places.The Arms was like a gold mine when Quinny had it. Brian Mooney would come back woth Rushy after games and would end uo in tears after being told how shit he had been on the afternoon:lol: Quinny had the place rocking.
think ill leave this thread now, never understand the hero worship of of nobodys 🙈
Not a dig at you mind just people in general

I lived in Canterbury Road in the early 70s - ask your parents if they can remember the police house with Sgt Reid and Constable Miller in situ.
You quickly had to learn how to look after yourself in those times - there was always friction with the Town Enders whenever they ventured into our “territory”😁
Aye, the old police house. My mate used to live there. Dad used to tell me about it :lol:

Well, already said staff been threatened and on seperate occasion windows put out. What more do u want mate?

Sof shites :lol: 😜 never been a club man. Hate the places.The Arms was like a gold mine when Quinny had it. Brian Mooney would come back woth Rushy after games and would end uo in tears after being told how shit he had been on the afternoon:lol: Quinny had the place rocking.
Did Quinny not have some major bother though at one time or did I imagine that?

Did Quinny not have some major bother though at one time or did I imagine that?
Oh yes! :lol: upset some big 'underworld' lads for not paying for some 'toys' he purchased on time. They came up, can't remember where from n broke in The Arms one morning, tied him to a chair n put afake explosive in his mouth.! Next time, they said it would be real. He obvs didn't know at the time it was fake.:lol:
Think it was something to do with the Irish
Yep.

Oh yes! :lol: upset some big 'underworld' lads for not paying for some 'toys' he purchased on time. They came up, can't remember where from n broke in The Arms one morning, tied him to a chair n put afake explosive in his mouth.! Next time, they said it would be real. He obvs didn't know at the time it was fake.:lol:

Yep.
Fuckin hell

Quinny had the place rocking until he messed about with the wrong people. Thought he was big time but went crying to the plod when it all came on top.....edit..just noticed it was mentioned later in the thread. Some of those responsible were from Sunderland and one of the others was a mad irishman based down south.

Last edited:
misspent my youth in there, and had many a good night with mates, but around 2009 it started attracting the wrong lot. sad like.
No different to any other local boozer.
Quinny had the place rocking until he messed about with the wrong people. Thought he was big time but went crying to the plod when it all came on top.....edit..just noticed it was mentioned later in the thread. Some of those responsible were from Sunderland and one of the others was a mad irishman based down south.
Aye, already posted posted about the Irish.

misspent my youth in there, and had many a good night with mates, but around 2009 it started attracting the wrong lot. sad like.
i woulda said from about 1980 like
rocking…… wow!
too many got in there who never set foot out of hylton castle, same faces still got in there since the 80s

Last edited:
Correct!

Yep.
Bloody hell :lol:

Back