Hylton castle arms

Take my parents for example, they go there for couple hrs every Saturday night. Have done for about 40 yrs. Everyone knows everyone...now they wont be able to do that because of wankers who have spoilt it for everyone.
surely there must beef with someone, windows dont normally gan out for nowt or threats made

Hylton Castle lad meself like but growing up don't think I went in there, Cauld Lad or the club more than half a dozen times each. Our boy was always in the club but me Mam and Dad usually went to Town End Farm Club. Arms was often referred to as the Grievous Bodily when Mr Q had it

Hylton Castle lad meself like but growing up don't think I went in there, Cauld Lad or the club more than half a dozen times each. Our boy was always in the club but me Mam and Dad usually went to Town End Farm Club. Arms was often referred to as the Grievous Bodily when Mr Q had it
If you act/acted up you will get a clip. Same as other places🤷‍♂️.
No ones asking for names and addresses mate.
Well, already said staff been threatened and on seperate occasion windows put out. What more do u want mate?
Sof shites :lol: 😜 never been a club man. Hate the places.The Arms was like a gold mine when Quinny had it. Brian Mooney would come back woth Rushy after games and would end uo in tears after being told how shit he had been on the afternoon:lol: Quinny had the place rocking.

Last edited:
Just round corner to where my parents live. My parents live on Canterbury Road. I lived there till 2004, pribs will know your brother and his mates like. Me and my mates were always in during that period.
I lived in Canterbury Road in the early 70s - ask your parents if they can remember the police house with Sgt Reid and Constable Miller in situ.
You quickly had to learn how to look after yourself in those times - there was always friction with the Town Enders whenever they ventured into our “territory”😁

Hadn’t realised it was still open.
It seems impossible now to have estate pubs in the town.

Mobiles killed estate pubs, just no point to go to them nowadays for most people younger including me who'd rather go to town or somewhere better and can just text to set stuff up and pre drink somewhere and save half the price.

Estate pubs have been dying for years unless they serve food aswell and are a glorified restaurant that sells beer.

Last edited:

Back