Hylton castle arms

Anyone remember when the back room was called the mini monkey🤣. Played rave music and had a load of people on the jack and Jill's bouncing about,on a Sunday night. It was 20 odd years ago like. Also the only other time I've been in I thought I was going to get filled in, I knocked a blokes bottle over, caught it but it still spilled a little bit, thought a sorry would do but the bloke caused a scene and wanted a new one, I was only about 16/17 and had no cash, someone had to lend me the cash to get one

I saw the Fb post about people with hammers smashing windows. Seems to be more to this than financial problems.
Yep. Nothing to do with financial problems. Some right arseholes rocking up lately from different areas. Windows got put out from inside the pub Friday night. Devastating for locals who go in to have a meet up.
The arms closing for good will be a big miss for the locals some cracking characters over 6 decades
..wonder who you are :lol:

Yep. Nothing to do with financial problems. Some right arseholes rocking up lately from different areas. Windows got put out from inside the pub Friday night. Devastating for locals who go in to have a meet up.

..wonder who you are :lol:
Turf war? Why attack the pub and not the punters?

Turf war? Why attack the pub and not the punters?
There is turf wars going on up here. It wasn't 'outsiders' who smashed the windows tho. But 'outsiders' having been turning up from Newcastle and places not far from here. Lad from Newcastle got banged out in there last weekend. Staff got threatened midweek from people from an estate not far away aswel. People who own it have had enough.

Whereabouts? My parents have lived up the road since the 70's.
We lived Cotswold Square from the mid 90s, I moved out 2009. Didn't mind it up there, was pretty quiet compared to further down towards Castletown and that.

Rare I used to get down the arms like, our boy and his mates were in there pretty often but I'd drink in town.

We lived Cotswold Square from the mid 90s, I moved out 2009. Didn't mind it up there, was pretty quiet compared to further down towards Castletown and that.

Rare I used to get down the arms like, our boy and his mates were in there pretty often but I'd drink in town.
Just round corner to where my parents live. My parents live on Canterbury Road. I lived there till 2004, pribs will know your brother and his mates like. Me and my mates were always in during that period.

Just round corner to where my parents live. My parents live on Canterbury Road. I lived there till 2004, pribs will know your brother and his mates like. Me and my mates were always in during that period.
Fair chance of it, he doesn't do blending in. Our boy will have been a daft youngun then. Now he's just daft.

There is turf wars going on up here. It wasn't 'outsiders' who smashed the windows tho. But 'outsiders' having been turning up from Newcastle and places not far from here. Lad from Newcastle got banged out in there last weekend. Staff got threatened midweek from people from an estate not far away aswel. People who own it have had enough.
does a well known HC lad not look after it anymore?

Back