Hybrid motors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice.

Not at all.

To get the best out of the standard Prius, Lexus, Auris 1.8 hybrid set up then you need to alter your driving style a touch.

Depending upon conditions you can keep to 40mph with battery power alone.

As someone has already mentioned I'm not sure if the current hybrids would be particularly efficient for rural or regular long distance use but for slow speed urban commuting they are ideal.

For example most of the run through the town and along the coast road to Shields will be in ev mode and fuel consumption for that journey could be 65mpg plus.
hmm must have been thinking of something else. im a bit old school anyway, like my old burners.

Just a way of giving needlessly-large cars a "respectable" mpg rate. You'll never make savings due to the increased purchase price, unless you qualify for some tax subsidy like company car tax or congestion charge etc.

Turbo's do just as good a job nowadays, my brother has a barge and it only has a 1.4l engine in it but the turbo gives it enough oomph not to be annoyingly slow and it returns around 55mpg on average. Not bad for a 1.8 tonne car

I do a deliver meds for a health centre which gives me something to keep me busy during retirement - they pay 35p per mile for running costs using my own car so I've just bought a Nissan Leaf so the expenses are pure profit - as near as you can get to money for nowt:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back