Hybrid bike recommendation

Discussion in 'SMB' started by box2box, Mar 15, 2019.

1. box2box

box2box Striker

Fancy getting a hybrid for footpath / road use, anyone recommend any under £500 new / second hand ? Cheers

2. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

I bought the B'twin 500 last year and it has been spot on for me. Pretty cheap and I muched preferred it to stuff from Halfords. Gets very good reviews as a budget bike. I figured if I take it up more seriously then I can upgrade - or go mountain bike etc.

15 - Cycling - TREKKING RIVERSIDE 500 CN FR 3

3. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

I'm a lover of boardman bikes and you can pick them up on Ebay. Good tip is to just search the whole country and then pay for shipping they're usually fine with that if you arrange it all.

HellsBells likes this.
  4. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Welcome back, Cat. Good to see you still around. I'd feared the resident morons had scared you away. ;)

CatRyan likes this.
  5. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

Oh no... not scared... permabanned

6. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Mods :rolleyes:

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Midfield

I had a cannondale quick 5. I loved it, was perfect for the bike paths to and from work. Wish I kept it now.

box2box likes this.
  8. box2box

box2box Striker

Looks good, probably top end of my budget. Where is best to buy from Evans cycles, decathlon ?

9. rudd

rudd Midfield

10. Like @CatRyan i quite liked my Boardman hybrid. £450 from Halfords a few years back.

CheersMarra84 likes this.
  11. Curlyteeth

Curlyteeth Goalkeeper

I had a boardman hybrid. Was a right workhorse but good enough to do a cycling holiday in wales

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Midfield

I bought mine from Evans cycles mate.

13. Falconhoof

Falconhoof Winger

Boardman hybrid for me, spur of the moment purchase but its superb and has lasted me years without as much as a service