Hurricane Ophelia

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was in Dumbarton this morning finished by about 12, the sky looked unusually dark coming back to Glasgow on the train. Managed to miss the rain but when I got off the underground to head home about 1, it was just a typical autumnal grey, blustery afternoon. Absolutely pissed down about 3.30 but went off again just before my Mrs (no) buggered off to work about 4. Was thinking of going for a pint, but couldn't be arsed. Sounded blustery most of the rest of the night so far. Nothing dramatic.

I was in Dumbarton this morning finished by about 12, the sky looked unusually dark coming back to Glasgow on the train. Managed to miss the rain but when I got off the underground to head home about 1, it was just a typical autumnal grey, blustery afternoon. Absolutely pissed down about 3.30 but went off again just before my Mrs (no) buggered off to work about 4. Was thinking of going for a pint, but couldn't be arsed. Sounded blustery most of the rest of the night so far. Nothing dramatic.
Standard October evening so far

I remember there used to be a Pub in Newcastle called the Black Garter. It was opposite the old Greenmarket. They had a singer/stripper called Ophelia Balls.....always made me chuckle

You'll struggle to find a more dull paragraph on this entire forum than that like.

Looks like it. I reckon the west coast is in for an awful hammering.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curre...uidistant=-4.47,50.78,1188/loc=-22.811,36.448
thats awesome that website
That's a superb website. I'm going to show the bairn that when she comes in from school.
By some distance the best website I have ever seen. Thank you.
Which browser were you using?

I initially had Firefox but changing options took a few seconds for the animation to update. I thought I'd try Chrome as it's normally good with stuff like this but it struggled as the animation was actually stuttering. So I tried Microsoft Edge and it was fast as owt to update as it's almost instant and animation works spot on.

I found the best projection setting was E as you can see the whole earth flat (albeit distorted)

Look at the MODE-Chem and then Overlay-COsc to see the Wind + Carbon Monoxide Conc. @ Surface as North West Spain is covered!

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back