Hurricane Michael

Seems that every storm is setting new records these days, or just headlines?
Think the last two have been unusual. Florence was weaker but very slow moving and stalled at landfall, dumping all that rain over a prolonged period.

Michael was a beast in numbers terms, but was moving very quickly (his only saving grace). A hurricane with Michaels power moving at Florence’s speed . . . :eek:

This was apparently the 3rd worst ever recorded at landfall
Seen that yeah, a min central pressure of 919mbar. Lowest ever was 892 apparently :eek:

Just saw this thread.

Ta for the good wishes lads. I just arrived at ATL from Birmingham. (Not that one, the one over here!). That journey was ‘slightly’ bumpy!:eek:

Waiting for my connection to TPA. Our lass says it’s been pissing down and very windy all day but the worst of it all is some distance from where we are, it’s all up in the panhandle.

Barnet is still pointing north as per, but problies got a few more grey ones after that journey. Not as many as you like Flicky, I’m still more of a Dickie Davis than a silver fox like yer!

I’m in Atlanta at the airport. The wind is rattling the windows. Gonna be a bumpy ride home!
How far west do these things tend to affect?
I'm heading down south Maryland to Alabama on Saturday

How far west do these things tend to affect?
I'm heading down south Maryland to Alabama on Saturday
Haven’t seen the latest news but it was heading north east. It’ll problies be all over by Saturday, either blown itself out over land or else back over the Atlantic. There was a load of rain and wind here in Tampa from the outer bands but its blue sky and calm right now.

Hurricane Dorian just hit the Bahamas as the strongest Atlantic hurricane on record to make landfall

Abaco looks a total devastated mess.

Nothing to do with global warning though. The scientists who predicted this are weirdos.

Back