Hurricane Michael

Don’t worry about anybody from Sunderland when it comes to braving the wind. It’s windy, like, 350 days out of the year here. I’ve long said we should challenge Chicago for its nickname.
:lol:

For the record, Chicago is not called The Windy City because of the wind but rather for the windbag politicians of the city back in the late 1800's

Just saw this thread.

Ta for the good wishes lads. I just arrived at ATL from Birmingham. (Not that one, the one over here!). That journey was ‘slightly’ bumpy!:eek:

Waiting for my connection to TPA. Our lass says it’s been pissing down and very windy all day but the worst of it all is some distance from where we are, it’s all up in the panhandle.

Barnet is still pointing north as per, but problies got a few more grey ones after that journey. Not as many as you like Flicky, I’m still more of a Dickie Davis than a silver fox like yer!

Just been talking to a mate of mine in Georgia..says the eye of the storm is expected to pass North of him..scary stuff.
I’m in Atlanta at the airport. The wind is rattling the windows. Gonna be a bumpy ride home!

Just saw this thread.

Ta for the good wishes lads. I just arrived at ATL from Birmingham. (Not that one, the one over here!). That journey was ‘slightly’ bumpy!:eek:

Waiting for my connection to TPA. Our lass says it’s been pissing down and very windy all day but the worst of it all is some distance from where we are, it’s all up in the panhandle.

Barnet is still pointing north as per, but problies got a few more grey ones after that journey. Not as many as you like Flicky, I’m still more of a Dickie Davis than a silver fox like yer!

I’m in Atlanta at the airport. The wind is rattling the windows. Gonna be a bumpy ride home!
Atlanta airport is a shithole at the best of times.

Safe travels

Back