Hundreds of dead stinkers

Vaguely remember some natural history programme mentiong about Robins dying en masse somewhere in Norfolk a few years ago. Turned out they'd all had some sort of deadly disease which only affected Robins.

Do they know what was the cause then?
Surely it's going to be something they've eaten on the road. They all feed en masse, flying round together looking for a tasty treat. About 30 of them landed on a tree next door a month back, ate all the berries then flew off together. So a mass poison seems most likely

Yesterday police asked if anyone with any theories could get in touch :eek: they also revealed it may have happened before on a smaller scale???

I'm sure I read somewhere that this sort of thing has a lot to do with the weather, or I should say electricity that happen naturally in the atmosphere/sky

Err bollocks. I live on Anglesey. We get loads of starling murmurations and people watch them. Numerous people had seen them flying not long before they went down.
A spokesperson for APHA said: "Preliminary findings indicate death due to trauma and internal bleeding in many of the birds examined so far due to impact with the ground.

Back