Humble Pie

hudson88

Striker
Anyone serving any? I need a canny big slice.

I didn’t want Parkinson. I felt it was a lazy, cheap option. I felt I was proven correct in those 1st 2 month or so, and when I left the stadium after around 65 minutes on Boxing Day I was giving serious consideration to not returning until he’d gone. I fully supported the fanzine statements, retweeting them many a time and was as far into the Parkinson out camp as you could possibly get.

However, since that day he has surprised me. He has turned the side around. We look fitter, more organised and like we have a game plan. I still have concerns, such as having a non-goal scoring striker, and I still feel he was lucky to keep his job given how badly we were playing and how poor the results were.

But, I was wrong. He’s proven me wrong, and long may it continue

Haway the lads!!

Last edited:

I didn’t want Parkinson. I felt it was a lazy, cheap option. I felt I was proven correct in those 1st 2 month or so, and when I left the stadium after around 65 minutes on Boxing Day I was giving serious consideration to not returning until he’d gone. I fully supported the fanzine statements, retweeting them many a time and was as far into the Parkinson out camp as you could possibly get.

However, since that day he has surprised me. He has turned the side around. We look fitter, more organised and like we have a game plan. I still have concerns, such as having a non-goal scoring striker, and I still feel he was lucky to keep his job given how badly we were playing and how poor the results were.

Haway the lads!!

Sometimes, people fit a situation, which is why I had no problem with Parkinson coming in. 'Could work, could not work, same with the others who were touted.

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea why a fan would want a manager sacked in 3 months. Idiot behaviour being honest.

Haway the lads!!
I don't need no doctor but @tunstall birdman wants 30 days in the hole....

Haway the lads!!
I'll take a slice too.

We're on the march.

#ParkyBall

Haway the lads!!
Absolutely mate. Didn’t want him, felt completely justified after the first nine or so games and didn’t see this level of turnaround coming at all. Absolutely delighted for him and buzzing with how it’s going though. Playing a high press game, with what seems like a completely revitalised squad in terms of fitness. Deserves a lot of credit and long may it continue!

Haway the lads!!

Well said mate. You made a point that we don't have a proven goalscorer, and we don't. Just shows how good a job Parkinson has done. I've never wanted him out as such but he made a shocking start. I'm glad he's proved many wrong.

Sometimes, people fit a situation, which is why I had no problem with Parkinson coming in. 'Could work, could not work, same with the others who were touted.

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea why a fan would want a manager sacked in 3 months. Idiot behaviour being honest.
It definitely wasn’t. He was very lucky he wasn’t sacked tbh. When you hear about how bad fitness levels were though he’s done well to get it right and turn it around

I always thought Ross would grab this job and make it his - showing his ambition and realising he had fallen into a big club and the sky was the limit.
That's what Parky's done instead.

It surprised me when fans sang for his head v Bolton cos I thought we weren't that bad. Ref ruled out a decent goal for nowt!
And losing those cup games didn't matter.

All seems to come down to the Mageady treatment. An astonishingly brave and correct move.

I have to wonder what we could have accomplished last year with better players anarl. We were out ran and out fought in a number of games last year and individual quality always got us thought. Completely different under Parkinson. Credit to him and the job he’s doing.

Haway the lads!!

Save a slice for me 😔

Being honest, not wanting him in the 1st place played a huge part in me wanting him gone. When the performances and results were as bad as what they were it was quite understandable I feel, but he certainly was not given as long as other people may have been given simply due to the fact that a lot did not want him. Myself included.

Being honest, not wanting him in the 1st place played a huge part in me wanting him gone. When the performances and results were as bad as what they were it was quite understandable I feel, but he certainly was not given as long as other people may have been given simply due to the fact that a lot did not want him. Myself included.

Aye, but we're in the third division and we have no money. It's not like we're in a position to turn our noses up at managers who have managed in higher divisions.

And, we've tried all sorts of managers and most of them haven't worked, many wanted by the fans, so maybe it was time to put aside personal opinions and just get behind the manager and the team. It should be clear by now that if SAFC are ever gonna be successful it will come completely out of the blue.

Mind I still feel the criticism for Parkinson early doors was just. The team selection, general attitude & comments pre/post match at gillingham were very defeatist and then he didn’t do the press conference the week later as he was too tired. We were appalling at home to Coventry and Burton anarl.

Back