Hull City Fans be scared

Yes I would love it if our owners changed our name to Sunderland Black cats, IF it meant we had our most successful owners in our entire history.
Fair enough.

I'd be interested in how representative of Sunderland fans that is.
Without investigating Mate could be Chinese.
They are deep in the shit, losing big money Weekly.

Bristol City another club losing big money but they have an owner with deep pockets.

They are Chinese. They tried to buy us in 2016 too but they failed the PL owner test.

From the outside he looks bat shit crazy but I think he will be fine.

Has just announced price reductions to £2 for kids and oaps. Refusing to sell Lewis-potter in this window. And expects four signings before Monday.

It might go pear shaped but we were slowly doing under the Allams. Certainly will be an interesting few months.

Time to change my avatar.

@Grumpy Old Man do you know if any championship clubs are seriously struggling financially? I' surprised to see Blackburn at the top, they never really attracted large crowds outside the PL, have they invested well or spent above their means?
Blackburn were bought out by Venky Group (Indian poultry and pharmaceuticals) when they were in the FAPL.
The rumour at the time was that they weren't aware that the EPL and relegation existed. They proceeded to sack Big Sam and the directors - who had been there a long time and knew what they were doing. They then appointed a TV pundit to manage the club... 😂 ...and relegation followed.

Since then though Venkys have kept them afloat and stabilised them, albeit at a fair cost.

Just been listening to the new owner on TalkSPORT. He’s crackers. Like a Turkish Simon Cowell. I’d be worried if I supported them, what price them to be relegated.
I put £500 on them getting relegated as soon as I saw the managerial record of the fella they hired yesterday.

I used to live in Hull and have a fair few city supporting mates who are over the moon.

It's understandable, but I'm not convinced. Reminds me of us a few years ago when we were so happy to just move on from Short we (or at least most of us, myself includes) didnt pay attention to all the warning signs of his successor...

Not worried at all and I'm usually a right negative Nelly. Could be because I'm just glad to see the back of the last lot. Who knows how it will go but for now there seems to be a buzz around the club again

Back