Huge traffic jam on A183/Chester Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to work for a large County Council.
With March being the end of the financial year we had to leave many jobs on road and building maintenance until the latest in the year just in case the money was redirected at the last minute.
Life was easier if Easter was in March, roads quite and school buildings closed.

Fuckin piss take, I've got a choice tonight in rush hour traffic, sit in traffic on the A19/A183 or sit in traffic on Wessington way and then at Pallion!

Decisions decisions.

WDSC

Sunderland Council in their very wise wisdom have decided to relay the stretch of road from the Hastings Hill pub to the next roundabout at 9am on a Wednesday morning. The traffic is horrendous, they're diverting traffic down Greenwood Road and along Gartland Road and going the other way down through Pennywell. The traffic is backed up all the way to Chester Road traffic lights one way and way down past both sides of the A19 comnig the way. Why do it at a peak time on a peak road that serves the City Centre? Do it during the night or on a Sunday!
Are you writing this whilst driving?

The lights are not working properly on the roundabout on the A183 and A19 either. It took me 45 mins to get from Herrington Park to Grindon Broadway roundabout :(
Should take the road through New Herrington, the wife takes that route every day and only takes her 20 minutes to get to the Civic and she leaves about 8ish everyday as well

Could have done it over the easter holidays when there wouldn't be as much traffic with school runs and folk taking a week off etc

Spending what's left of the budget now so it doesn't come out of next financial year. All Government/local authorities are doing it

Should take the road through New Herrington, the wife takes that route every day and only takes her 20 minutes to get to the Civic and she leaves about 8ish everyday as well

I leave for work at 9am as I have to see the bairn out to school first. The traffic is usually clear going through by that time.

Spending what's left of the budget now so it doesn't come out of next financial year. All Government/local authorities are doing it
Nought stopping them pre planning the work and allocating the money out, that way the money is gone from the budget effectively, and the work is done at a better time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back