Huge traffic jam on A183/Chester Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Boy

Winger
Sunderland Council in their very wise wisdom have decided to relay the stretch of road from the Hastings Hill pub to the next roundabout at 9am on a Wednesday morning. The traffic is horrendous, they're diverting traffic down Greenwood Road and along Gartland Road and going the other way down through Pennywell. The traffic is backed up all the way to Chester Road traffic lights one way and way down past both sides of the A19 comnig the way. Why do it at a peak time on a peak road that serves the City Centre? Do it during the night or on a Sunday!

Sunderland Council in their very wise wisdom have decided to relay the stretch of road from the Hastings Hill pub to the next roundabout at 9am on a Wednesday morning. The traffic is horrendous, they're diverting traffic down Greenwood Road and along Gartland Road and going the other way down through Pennywell. The traffic is backed up all the way to Chester Road traffic lights one way and way down past both sides of the A19 comnig the way. Why do it at a peak time on a peak road that serves the City Centre? Do it during the night or on a Sunday!

Austerity measures. Contractors are on double time on a Sunday.

The lights are not working properly on the roundabout on the A183 and A19 either. It took me 45 mins to get from Herrington Park to Grindon Broadway roundabout :(

Infinity pages, a ban, 1 scale model and a veiled threat.

Mind, they've given prior warning to other road closures for resurfacing and they've usually been over the weekend. This one's come a bit out of the blue.

I drive that stretch daily and don't recall any signs. Theres even an electronic one they could gave used on the eastbound side.

Absolute joke. Sure this stretch was shut recently on a sunday - maybe mid feb time - can't understand why sunday or easter hols would have been to difficult for them.

One hour to do a ten min journey

I drive that stretch daily and don't recall any signs. Theres even an electronic one they could gave used on the eastbound side.

Absolute joke. Sure this stretch was shut recently on a sunday - maybe mid feb time - can't understand why sunday or easter hols would have been to difficult for them.

Should have walked it anyway.

Aye they resurfaced the roundabout at the top of Greenwood Road and had it closed. Think it was only for a day or so, over the weekend.

The roads need doing and I think they've got the right idea closing short stretches for short periods of time, just on this occasion the timing seems a bit odd.

Aye I can't remember seeing any signs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back