Huddersfield owner

It's noticeable that the threat of the covid-19 virus has been forgotten about and in reality it's all about the state of clubs/leagues/ lack of cash outside the premier league..

I think you're the type of person who reads the sun and repeats everything you read as fact. Probably posts it on Facebook
Wrong I’m the type of person who read the bbc article, not that I particularly believe everything they say. I presumably wrongly assumed you had too. The article mentions “the pyramid” more than once, it mentions the Huddersfield owner having previously owned a non league club in the pyramid. The article reads as if he’s talking about clubs in the pyramid of a decent standing and not sunday morning teams.
Never read The Sun since the miners strike.
Never been on Facebook.

Wrong I’m the type of person who read the bbc article, not that I particularly believe everything they say. I presumably wrongly assumed you had too. The article mentions “the pyramid” more than once, it mentions the Huddersfield owner having previously owned a non league club in the pyramid. The article reads as if he’s talking about clubs in the pyramid of a decent standing and not sunday morning teams.
Never read The Sun since the miners strike.
Never been on Facebook.
😀

Yep, another year in this league without parachute money / furlough stopping / potentially no crowds for significant period / no corporate etc. Could put us right in the shit imo

there was another similar thread on this - phoenix from the flames or something.
We have every chance of going bust - however, we must be one of the clubs in a good position to be re-formed. Stadium, training facilities and fanbase all there.
Just need the players, that's the easy bit.

(I am assuming any new club formed, will purchase the assets of the current club).

AFC Sunderland?

Yes, i saw that and I don't think he will be far off the mark...I can see 20 or more going bust in the next couple of months. I sincerely hope and pray that we are not one of them.
This.. I think alot of fans don't realise that some clubs are living hand to mouth and having no revenue for 3-6 months will kill them off..

Don t think 50-60 clubs will go tits up, but there will certainly be a few. We have all these discussions about should the league finish, playoffs etc.,which have dragged on for what seems like months. I would suggest what is going to happen to the 2020-21 season is a much more important issue. Season starting in August, with no fans possibly for the entire season! Obviously that has severe financial implications, but there will also be knock on effect from sponsorship and advertising revenue streams. Lots of players out of contract at the end of next month, who is going to sign anyone on under the current uncertainty?

Business they've invested a lot of time and effort, they want a decent profit, understand ble.

That's not how business works. If the effort they had put in had increased the value of the club, then yes a profit is understandable. if anything, all they deserve at the moment is a loss as we are in a worse position.

Don't think Methven is among the chief voices calling for the government to bail out lower league clubs out of the goodness of his heart. We're in massive trouble IMO.

We’ve hardly got any players to pay soon

Oh and we’re owed £20m so I’m sure we’ll be fine

On a serious note, if other clubs do go bust or semi pro it might be the only way we can get back up to the championship by default

Business they've invested a lot of time and effort, they want a decent profit, understand ble.

If the club was in the championship i can understand that.
We’ve hardly got any players to pay soon

Oh and we’re owed £20m so I’m sure we’ll be fine

On a serious note, if other clubs do go bust or semi pro it might be the only way we can get back up to the championship by default

Getting that money back is the problem.

Last edited:
No.

We own our own ground, training ground etc.

Our debts are low, and manageable.

We have a huge fanbase. When football returns, we will have one of the highest subscriber bases for PPV.

Even if things got that bad, a crowdfunding exercise would stop us going under.
The question is: Once teams start going bust in L1, who will we be playing, and will it generate enough revenue to stop us going the same way. We need games to create revenue and we could be stuck with only a few teams to play.

Dominos, they'll be falling like Dominos once it starts.

If the club was in the championship i can understand that.

Getting that money back is the problem.
I was being sarcastic, no way will the club see that money again. We’ll probably have to sell Gooch for pennies and let the rest go and Donald will be laughing all the way to the bank

Reckons 50-60 efl clubs could go bust, scary times. Anyone genuinely think we could be one of them?

No one should if the greed machine known as football carries out an exercise in wealth redistribution. It's in the interests of the entire sport to maintain multiple tiers.

Football deserves a shoeing, it's been coming. SAFC are in a better position than most but not immune.

No.

We own our own ground, training ground etc.

Our debts are low, and manageable.

We have a huge fanbase. When football returns, we will have one of the highest subscriber bases for PPV.

Even if things got that bad, a crowdfunding exercise would stop us going under.
I think a lot of fans will be reluctant to put money into the club now they know Donald has stolen £20m. Why should we fund a crook of a millionaire?

Back