Huddersfield new kit

There’s a big outcry at the minute about gambling and football - 60% of teams are now sponsored by gambling companies apparently

This will be their way of getting both publicity and keeping the right side of “politics”.
Is there not legislation coming in next year saying you can't have betting firms on shirts? I though that was why Betdaq had pulled out this year?

Is there not legislation coming in next year saying you can't have betting firms on shirts? I though that was why Betdaq had pulled out this year?

Don't think so. The big ones are pulling out so they can be seen as promoting responsibility etc.

And there is possibly an ulterior motive here. The U.S is a bit of an untapped market for online gaming big betting companies. I'm sure certain elements have only been legalised quite recently. The big UK/Gibraltar players will be looking at expansion over there where it will be heavily regulated, so need to appear as ethical as you can be (some of them of already pulled out of a load of grey markets).

Paddy power had a sponsor shirt amnesty. Take your old huddersfield shirt with a sponsor on and they give you a new shirt for free.

Canny.

Back