Howey, Gray, Armstrong

The takeover

This

Oh they did. We all preferred not to beleivevecuse of Assurances given.
They never warned about anything, they were just annoyed because they were involved in another takeover party
You're just making stuff up now. They absolutely did, cos I remember thinking that Armstrong was full of sour grapes after I was initially taken in by the Donald podcast patter.

Time is suggesting it looks like he was well informed all along.
He wasn’t well informed, he was involved in another takeover therefore bitter. Some of our fans are just embarrassing just because things aren’t going great in the pitch all of a sudden everyone is shit, the owners haven’t got a clue even most fans loved them last season

Last edited:
When ES sold the club to SD and CM he said he chose them over the other consortium because it was in the best interests of the club.
I'd love to know what made him choose these two.

At the time a consortium headed up by Mickey Gray, Lee Howey and Gordon Armstrong looked an absolute joke compared to the savvy football men SD and Salmon Pants were painted as.

Short declared them the best owners for the club and the pair of them raced straight out the traps with the biggest charm offensive since Sir John Hall came up with that Geordie Nation racket.

Some people still defend them purely because they were git canny on Twitter

They never warned about anything, they were just annoyed because they were involved in another takeover party

He wasn’t well informed, he was involved in another takeover therefore bitter. Some of our fans are just embarrassing just because things aren’t going great in the pitch all of a sudden everyone is shit, the owners haven’t got a clue even most fans loved them last season

You're an absolute joke mate. As soon as anyone says anything remotely approaching criticism you're on the defensive straight away.

All I've said is that Armstrong et al voiced their concerns after SD took over. At the time I was a bit like you and thought they were just bitter rants. But as time goes by it looks increasingly less bitter and increasingly more accurate.

I can’t remember the full details but I think Armstrong put on his twitter that they were a bunch of amateurs and he was accused of sour grapes.

I think that's correct, though you have to wonder what went wrong with his group if Donald and Methven came out on top in the battle, given they had no links to the club or area and had to put their case, as well as their money forward.

Also regarding what Mickey Gray has supposedly said (not aware of it) then wasn't Mickey Gray massively critical of Short, before Short met him and probably got pissed with him, then all he could spout was how much short was doing for the club, so as much as I like Mickey I wouldn't listen to too much of what he says.

Not aware of what Howey has said either. Think I'd be more inclined to listen to him than the other two.

Last edited:
When ES sold the club to SD and CM he said he chose them over the other consortium because it was in the best interests of the club.
2 football fans backed by a billionaire football fan linked to another billionaire football family sounds quite good to be honest.
You'd certainly think that was leaving the club in good hands.

I have no idea, but a cynic might suggest the deal struck with Short allowed them to get in without major investment and him to get out without losing even more money by retaining some of the parachute payments to pay more of the clubs debts, which other people may have been unwilling to take on.

I also doubt Armstrong's group were coming in with any money at the time like, we just weren't in a position to command any decent investment or interest.

The hatred for owners is getting tedious. Armstrong had a interests in young players didn't he? Isnt he an agent, not doubting his love for SAFC but he sounded bitter when I seen him that he wasn't getting his snout in the trough.

Back