How to track Calories with myfitnespal (working link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're into calorie counting (which I swear by)

Here is a quick tutorial me and our lass knocked together to help a few people out. I'll do a proper shnazzy version of this when I sus out the app properly.

(fully aware of how to workout strict macronutrients, shouting out 40/40/20 to get people started on the basics)

Hope it helps a few out
Richie this is really helpful. Thanks!

As a lass who could do with losing about a stone, I've never done macros - what are the benefits of doing so?

I use a Fitbit and MFP. I aim to burn 2200 or more a day on my Fitbit (BMR is around 1500) . And I try to eat 1200 cals so I have a 1000 deficit.

Does that sound okay, and should I be really looking at macros, or is it okay to just do a calories deficit? Ta mate.

As a lass who could do with losing about a stone, I've never done macros - what are the benefits of doing so?

I use a Fitbit and MFP. I aim to burn 2200 or more a day on my Fitbit (BMR is around 1500) . And I try to eat 1200 cals so I have a 1000 deficit.

Does that sound okay, and should I be really looking at macros, or is it okay to just do a calories deficit? Ta mate.

Your deficit could be classed as too severe , and it's probably down to you not following macros and simply calorie counting. Which get's results... however if you ate say 1600 calories and made them up of the right macros you'd probably get faster results and not binge eat from eating to low cals.

I'd personally change your calories to 1600
40% protein
30% carbs
30% fat

You must try your best to hit your macros, you will find it's hard to hit protein and you will most likely go over fat and carbs. Remember eating fat doesn't make you fat! :)

Your body needs so much protein, and so much fat every day, the carbs goes towards your energy expenditure, and a bit of the extra protein will also get converted to glucose/energy

Your body needs 2200 is a day to operate, it takes say 500 cals of protein, and 500 cals of fat, the other 600 cals is carbs, this leaves it short 600 calories, meaning it's in a deficit. Your body will be forced to eat it's own fat stores to get the 600 calories of energy it needs !

Master myfitnespal and you will master your body

IIFYM is 100% the way forward. I use my fitness pal to track macros and you've got to just trust the whole process because if you do it correctly, it is scientifically impossible to fail.
I don't usually eat on a Morning up until 12pm (sip on BCAA, takes hunger away and fairly busy on mornings), therefore i am able to eat around 2400 calories (cutting phase) in a 9 hour window, I never go hungry or crave anything.

Class pal cheers for posting this!

I had a basic understanding of myfitnesspal but this has helped me out loads

I've been using it and found it really good - however - I had a McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese today and according to the box the calorie count was 599.

MFP had it down as 520 calories with a green tick. That's a canny way out if you ask me. Makes you wonder how accurate any of it is :confused:

If you still look like you do in your blog photos you don't need to lose a stone, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back