How to beat the touts?

Spent a couple of hours over Wed (pre-sale) and today (main sale) trying to get tickets for James gig in May. Needless to say, sold out quicker than Mo Farah running from the media and tickets on secondary sites immediately. Is there any answer to beat the bots when the main tickets agents are facilitating them?

As it happens, someone sent me a link to Spotify and I got tix there. Spotify selling tickets? Who fecking knew?

Sickening but great business idea from Ticketmaster. Folk using the ticket harvesting programmes get away with it so may as well profit on the back of it by facilitating their resale. Big bonus I'm sure for whoever came up with that idea...

Spent a couple of hours over Wed (pre-sale) and today (main sale) trying to get tickets for James gig in May. Needless to say, sold out quicker than Mo Farah running from the media and tickets on secondary sites immediately. Is there any answer to beat the bots when the main tickets agents are facilitating them?

As it happens, someone sent me a link to Spotify and I got tix there. Spotify selling tickets? Who fecking knew?

it's f***ing simple really isn't it? you buy a ticket, you get your name printed on it, you show id as you gan in. problem sorted.

Where are James playing ? Know they’re still a popular band but didn’t think they’d be selling out gigs in minutes.

Smaller ones tend to & find seetickets ok. Hate ticketmaster with a passion. But newcaste & manchester use eventim & theres loads of seats when tm is saying there arent any.
Been through seetickets and they were ok to be fair. I can appreciate smaller venues and clubs etc where bands play using a booking agency rather than having to open during the day and employing someone to sit in a little ticket booth all day hoping someone comes into buy, but not some of the bigger venues and council owned places etc

Where are James playing ? Know they’re still a popular band but didn’t think they’d be selling out gigs in minutes.
Its a smaller sized venue tour previewing their upcoming album, around the 1000-2500 sized venues. Doing a 5,000-10,000 arena tour later in the year. Not that it means much these days but the last album was only stopped from being N0.1 by Adele.

02 priority tickets have been canny for me a few times in the past. Also tend to not have any bother with tickets if I'm on the network at work, guess it's just faster or something.

Hard work being an online tout. I packed it in. Made a canny bit from gigs like Coldplay but then others you had to take a hit and lose a bit.

Back