How this little f*¥ck is not up on charges

Were his fingerprints or palm prints found on the steering wheel?
If he was in the car regularly that would be passed off as circumstantial. Grabbed the wheel to support himself whilst he grabbed something out of the footwell for example. All that would show is that he touched the steering wheel in a car he travelled in regularly.

Were his fingerprints or palm prints found on the steering wheel?

Wouldn’t prove anything other than at sometime he has touched the steering wheel.

I once went to court with a case of theft of a motor vehicle after saliva DNA evidence was found on the wheel. The defence argued that the defendant (who just happened to be one of the most prolific car theives in the borough) had been walking past the car which had already been stolen and abandoned, and accidently spat which had went through the already smashed window and landed on the steering wheel. Load of bollocks but enough for some of the jury to have an element of doubt.

Is he one of your known locals? Says nowt in the article about previous gf

Wouldn’t prove anything other than at sometime he has touched the steering wheel.

I once went to court with a case of theft of a motor vehicle after saliva DNA evidence was found on the wheel. The defence argued that the defendant (who just happened to be one of the most prolific car theives in the borough) had been walking past the car which had already been stolen and abandoned, and accidently spat which had went through the already smashed window and landed on the steering wheel. Load of bollocks but enough for some of the jury to have an element of doubt.
So you tried to fit him up and were found out you mean ;)

But doesn't that fact that nothing can be proven give a reason why he isn't facing charges? He is after all innocent until proven guilty.

This, sadly. He comes across as a dick head but only he knows what happens that night and it doesn’t sound like he’ll tell the truth any time soon.

If he did do something to cause the crash let’s hope there’s some kind of conscience which will torture him for the rest of his life

If I watched a TV show where exactly what you outlined happened I would be calling bullshit and pointing out how unrealistic TV shows were.

Back