How skint are we?

No... but if the promotion had came off at the first goi think they would have sold the club off the back of that and made a nice profit.. That would make sense in paying a bonus to Sartroi. No money changing hands , just proof of funding if needed to satisfy the FA. Was Rodwell not on the EFL panel at the time of the deal?
Yes, hence how he's rocked up here.

That seems rather gracious of the owners ..paying the players full whack but the remaining staff 80% on furlough until August.. One problem, dosen't the Furlough payment drop down to 40% shortly?
More to do with them not being able to get away with it. Read a link in another thread earlier about the PFA and the legalities of pay cuts but I can't find it now. I can just find this one from @Grumpy Old Man Should all players take a pay cut or be sacked?.

They can't. It's all to do with the agreements between the EFL/PL and the PFA. The League regulations say that player contracts have to be paid in full. Gordon Taylor is resisting any amendment, even temporary, to that. All he's prepared to consider is a wage deferral, with the payments made up later. Any club that's in financial difficulties will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Juan Sartori thing doesn't make sense to me. He must have funded them to 'buy' the club in some capacity. But, he's getting no return for his investment🤔🤔🤔
At the time their was talk of a Spanish hedge fund group being involved. I'd imagine they were the money behind it but pulled out. We were told SD was the head of an international consortium. A couple of days after the takeover SD said on Talksport he was going to Monaco to meet with Sartori about investing in the club.

I'm guessing the Spaniards pulled out and SD ask JS to help him out for a percentage of the club ie show that Donald had the money in return for 20%.

Last edited:
They are shitting themselves and its exposed them as the del boys they are ....
Small time and very cheap
Still the fans fault though that’s how they’ll spin it ! Nasty emails and messages then taking money out of the club by being disloyal !! It’ll be spun by them both

At the time their was talk of a Spanish hedge fund group being involved. I'd imagine they were the money behind it but pulled out. We were told SD was the head of an international consortium. A couple of days after the takeover SD said on Talksport he was going to Monaco to meet with Sartori about investing in the club.

I'm guessing the Spaniards pulled out and SD ask JS to help him out for a percentage of the club ie show that Donald had the money in return for 20%.
Donald gambled on getting promotion basically last season didn't he??

No money coming in no money going out players on 80% of their wages a squad that is threadbare what players are we going to sign when we can't pay them their full wages and with furlough money dropping to 50% in October how many of our current squad will we have left because these owners can't pay 20% never mind 50% unless the government or should I say f.a give the go ahead for fans to return to the grounds when new season kicks off i will give us 6 weeks before we go under.

First accounts since this mob took over will be published end of next month. They’ll be interesting in themselves although they’ll only cover 2018/19.

Yanks don't appear to have a great appetite for us. If their security is over the ground and training ground could they just sell the land and build houses and we get naff all left?

These clowns in charge are a disgrace. How did they get through the fit and proper.....oh, hold on.

They probably haven't received the letter we've sent them yet.

No money coming in no money going out players on 80% of their wages a squad that is threadbare what players are we going to sign when we can't pay them their full wages and with furlough money dropping to 50% in October how many of our current squad will we have left because these owners can't pay 20% never mind 50% unless the government or should I say f.a give the go ahead for fans to return to the grounds when new season kicks off i will give us 6 weeks before we go under.
Thing is thats pretty much the state of every professional club below the championship, we are no different now

How should I know what it is? Football clubs don't publically publish their 'plans'
But after 2 years you should see what the plan is.

Are we going to rely on young players?
Are we going to scout the lower leagues and Ireland for talent?
Take young players released by PL/Championship clubs?
Or are going to spend our way out of it?

We have no identity, philosophy, model or blueprint.

Back