How skint are we?

Maybe they are trying to actually run a business and stop us getting into more financial trouble by doing these things?

Not saying things are rosey but they seem like pretty normal business practice given the situation right now.
Nothing normal about how these owners operate
Ive seen the 'not paying the top up on staff being furloughed' on various threads... not the only people to do this by the away.. I know of loads.. our lass being one of them and that's a private school where you think they'd have the money...
This is true to a point, however I’m pretty sure the private school isn’t selling off anything of value at the same time like we are with our academy.

Last edited:

Refunds delayed, players not getting paid full whack.

Think we really could go under?
We won't go under. Plus they haven't said what the players are getting paid yet, the staff are on 80%. Like any other company if your not working then you accept your getting 80% and still hopefully have a job

Nothing normal about how these owners operate

This is true to a point, however I’m pretty sure the private school isn’t selling off anything of value at the same time like we are with our academy.
very true. although most of these private schools have very few assets to sell other than the buildings they are in

Club has stated furlough extended to end of August from end of July and that they will only be paying the 80%
80% is up to £2.5k a month. I know Donald is tight but even our players are going to be on a fair bit more than that.

The players will be on full wage, Rodwell or some other mouthpiece confirmed a month or two ago there'd be no paycuts or deferrals for them.

80% is up to £2.5k a month. I know Donald is tight but even our players are going to be on a fair bit more than that.

The players will be on full wage, Rodwell or some other mouthpiece confirmed a month or two ago there'd be no paycuts or deferrals for them.
That seems rather gracious of the owners ..paying the players full whack but the remaining staff 80% on furlough until August.. One problem, dosen't the Furlough payment drop down to 40% shortly?

Anyone involved with football or any sports club will tell you can't run a club like a regular business. Running SAFC isn't like running a Mickey Mouse insurance company.

If you are going to make cuts to staff, academy, scouting and recruitment you need to have an alternative plan in place. You can't just cut staff and funding and expert to carry on the same way.

It doesn't matter what business you are in. If your revenue is decimated and you don't cut costs you'll lose a lot of money

I bet the business plan that they will have been working to has been flushed. The hole they are digging just gets deeper and deeper.
Juan Sartori thing doesn't make sense to me. He must have funded them to 'buy' the club in some capacity. But, he's getting no return for his investment🤔🤔🤔

It doesn't matter what business you are in. If your revenue is decimated and you don't cut costs you'll lose a lot of money
But you need an alternative plan in place. We cut costs and had no plan. We should have cut costs, restructured the Academy, scouting and recruitment departments. Instead we just cut costs and hoped for the best.

But you need an alternative plan in place. We cut costs and had no plan. We should have cut costs, restructured the Academy, scouting and recruitment departments. Instead we just cut costs and hoped for the best.

What are you making that assumption based on? Not saying we agree with the plan but I'm sure they had a plan

Strange combination them 3. So, basically Donald n Methven have taken a provvy out to buy us!😅
No... but if the promotion had came off at the first goi think they would have sold the club off the back of that and made a nice profit.. That would make sense in paying a bonus to Sartroi. No money changing hands , just proof of funding if needed to satisfy the FA. Was Rodwell not on the EFL panel at the time of the deal?

Back