How Romantic

Aituk7

Striker

A poundland ring :rolleyes: I hope its just kids messing about but somehow I know it's not.......

Anyone experienced any cringe inducing or awful attempts at romance or proposals?

My best mate had terrible luck with his proposal... he spent ages planning out how he was gonna do it. Decided to take her to Thailand and do it there. Told her entire family, told his family aswell so he couldn't back down, cos he gets dead nervous over out.

First attempt he was going to take her on this boat ride to an island just off the mainland and propose there, in the queue to get on the boat they bumped into an old friend of hers and their partner. Absolutely out of the blue and completely unplanned or unexpected. Like a 1 in a million chance of that happening. Hadn't seen them in years.

Anyway they spent the next 3 days hanging round with them.

On the Thursday they were going to go up this nature trail walk thing and he thought the view would be amazing at the top so might as well do it there. But by the time they got there they were canny sweaty, looking minging and could not be arsed whatsoever.

On the Friday he had booked them to have this meal at the top of a rotating tower (it's famous, can't remember the name) half way through just as he started thinking now was the time to do it a mariachi band started playing on stage. At this point he was like FFS.... we're going home tomorrow I need to get this done.

As luck would have it they went for a walk and then a lie down on the grass and fireworks started unexpectedly over the river. He thought this is perfect, so he started saying "we've been together a long time and you make me really happy..... etc." Doing the full speech and that.... he turned round to look at her as he went to say the magic words and she'd fell asleep :lol:

The next day he panicked, knowing her family was waiting for them off the flight and he couldn't tell them in time it hadn't happened, so he thought fuck it.... and went down on one knee in front of an entire waiting lounge at Bangkok international airport before they flew home.

She said yes.

Last edited:

A poundland ring :rolleyes: I hope its just kids messing about but somehow I know it's not.......

Anyone experienced any cringe inducing or awful attempts at romance or proposals?

My best mate had terrible luck with his proposal... he spent ages planning out how he was gonna do it. Decided to take her to Thailand and do it there. Told her entire family, told his family aswell so he couldn't back down, cos he gets dead nervous over out.

First attempt he was going to take her on this boat ride to an island just off the mainland and propose there, in the queue to get on the boat they bumped into an old friend of hers and their partner. Absolutely out of the blue and completely unplanned or unexpected. Like a 1 in a million chance of that happening. Hadn't seen them in years.

Anyway they spent the next 3 days hanging round with them.

On the Thursday they were going to go up this nature trail walk thing and he thought the view would be amazing at the top so might as well do it there. But by the time they got there they were canny sweaty, looking minging and could not be arsed whatsoever.

On the Friday he had booked them to have this meal at the top of a rotating tower (it's famous, can't remember the name) half way through just as he started thinking now was the time to do it a mariachi band started playing on stage. At this point he was like FFS.... we're going home tomorrow I need to get this done.

As luck would have it they went for a walk and then a lie down on the grass and fireworks started unexpectedly over the river. He thought this is perfect, so he started saying "we've been together a long time and you make me really happy..... etc." Doing the full speech and that.... he turned round to look at her as he went to say the magic words and she'd fell asleep :lol:

The next day he panicked, knowing her family was waiting for them off the flight and he couldn't tell them in time it hadn't happened, so he thought fuck it.... and went down on one knee in front of an entire waiting lounge at Bangkok international airport before they flew home.

She said yes.

I proposed going up the steps of a small plane after a holiday in Koh Samui... Sort of spur of moment thing after a great time.

To be fair I did make her get her boobs done and the chop within 3 years 😉

Back