How Resiliant Are You?

Not sure, we all handle different things differently. Some people who have ended up taking their own lives probably considered themselves resilient until one event, or a series of them at the wrong time, was too much to cope with. I've had to deal with a few things in my life, as we all have, and I've always managed to get through it, but in many ways I just think myself lucky and hope it continues that way, I certainly don't think I'm in any way immune to something triggering a mental health problem

Like I say , it’s admirable. I’m not sure it makes you resilient though. I guess the word has a few slightly different definitions.
To get to the state of perception of not giving a fuck always involves Tai Chi and Meditation for me, I cant not give a fuck if I am a bit stressed.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense on the first read but if you read it a few times and it should make sense.

I always think it's one of the most important attributes as we live in a pretty stressful World, you only need to look at the levels of mental health issues and suicide to see that life throws some shit at you.

Personal life, family, health, work, finances... etc...

I think people become a lot more resiliant the more they deal with as everything then starts to be put in perspective. Would you class yourself as a resiliant individual?

I don't think I am that resilient, learning as I go and some things that most people would brush off I have a hard time with.

I don't think I am that resilient, learning as I go and some things that most people would brush off I have a hard time with.
I highly recommend learning Tai Chi marra I'm sure you will be amazed with the result, I only have to do it for a few minutes now and it recharges my batteries just as good as sleep. I've been practising it for about 15 years, I'm still crap at it but that doesn't matter.

I thought I was incredibly resilient. Then I moved to Myanmar and the place absolutely broke me. Now I know you probably wouldn't want me in the trenches next to you.

Lived with BDD and pretty severe anxiety since I was 17 and managed to still do well for myself despite it nearly completely f***ing me for good at one point, so fairly resilient I’d say.

I highly recommend learning Tai Chi marra I'm sure you will be amazed with the result, I only have to do it for a few minutes now and it recharges my batteries just as good as sleep. I've been practising it for about 15 years, I'm still crap at it but that doesn't matter.

I do want to try Yoga. Looking out for classes local to me.

Back