How Opioids took over the US

A computerised patient record system was programmed to automatically recommend opiod painkillers to patients after a secret deal between the suggested company and the drug companies

No surprise really with American health care. It's all about profit and only a little about what's best for the patients.

Watched a few documentary’s on this.

Seems to have been handed out like sweets. And obviously people got addicted, and then paid the much cheaper option of heroin.

Seems to be mainly people involved in heavy industry

A computerised patient record system was programmed to automatically recommend opiod painkillers to patients after a secret deal between the suggested company and the drug companies

It is one fucked up system. Read a book called New Jim Crow and whilst it was a polemic by a black woman professor it was jaw dropping in its description of the system of mass incarceration of black men. Nobody seems to give a fuck.

yeah, seen a couple of doccos about how oxycontin has flooded some US towns. and chinese companies also flooding the illegal drug market with fentanyl

grim

This might explain the amount of people off the map when I recently visited Alaska

Capitalism has brought much riches for many humans on this planet. We live in a time of extraordinary wealth.

Makes you wonder why every fucker is either drugged up or has mental health problems then.
USA has many laws.

I like the ones relating to guns. There was an almighty kerfuffle when legislation was proposed that would restrict people to only buying one gun a month :lol:

Last edited:
Makes you wonder why every fucker is either drugged up or has mental health problems then.

I like the ones relating to guns. There was an almighty kerfuffle when legislation was proposed that would restrict people to only buying one gun a month :lol:
It really does. It may be that wealth creation comes at a very high cost.
The gun laws are very very strange.

It really does. It may be that wealth creation comes at a very high cost.
The gun laws are very very strange.

I watch loads of documentaries and I'm always struck by those which feature either remote tribes or impoverished communities (impoverished as in without fancy houses, cars and trinkets) who might spend their time fishing and farming. Why do the fuckers always seem happy with their lot :lol:

Unrestricted capitalism though, with no checks/balances. Thats the problem

I get where Harry's coming from. Pure capitalism is iniquitous as well, but America takes it to a new level by using the law and government to fix the markets and protect monopolies and cartels. A free market might occasionally give someone else a shot or bring down a failing giant. American capitalism gives out subsidies and unheard of special rights to corporations

Back